Viper99

Want to finance something else.

Attachments

• content-__media_external_images_media_26.jpg
    content-__media_external_images_media_26.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

Viper99

Sorry trying to attach pictures from phone and having problems.

Glock G27 with Lone Wolf's 9mm conversion kit.
Sig P239 9mm.

CPO15

Those are both great guns; I'd find something else to trade. Don't,you have a wife or a dog you could offer?

Walt Sherrill

I wouldn't TRADE anything in.

I'd sell it privately, either here in the classified area, or through other forums. You'll get, at best, 60% of your purchase price, and generally much less, from a dealer.

Auto426

Glock's are a dime a dozen, Sig 239's aren't. If I absolutely had to sell one of them off it would be the Glock, as they can be replaced easier and for less.

However, I agree with the sentiment that you shouldn't sell either of them off. Unless it's a deal that you absolutely can't pass up, I'd just wait a little while and save up a few more bucks.

Viper99

Both are great guns but the wife is not happy about my 4k in guns and growing so I am trying to be creative.

I want a S&W15 sport but don't want my wife breaking my chops when she sees the bill.

I prefer 9mm to .40 but have a hard time selling either because I like features on both. Glock has never failed in about 2500 rounds. I like the de-cocker on the Sig and the only failures have been mag related. (sometimes it doesn't lock open on last round)

If I sell either one it will be replaced with a true CCW gun like the Kahr PM9, PPS, Solo or Nano. I just can't get over this guilty feeling like I am betraying a friend.

Mrgunsngear

"Don't,you have a wife or a dog you could offer? "

Comment of the day right there! :D

Back to the OP---If I had to trade (thank God I don't), it would depend on what you're trading it in for. If it's for another DA/SA, trade the Glock. For a striker fired gun, trade the 239. If it's for a SA gun or revolver, trade the P239. If you're only going to have a couple guns, probably best to have similar systems. Plus, with the LW conversion you've essentially got 2 guns in 1. That's my $.02.

Viper99

CPO15
That's is funny stuff lol. Wife has put up with me for 20+ years so she is a keeper. Don't have a dog yet but the kids are working me over for one.

Uhhh ...that gives me an idea. Give them a dog as long as I can get my AR? actually, that might work.

Viper99

The Glocks are not good looking either. I admit that the Sig P226/8/9 look a lot better than the P239. But boy, do I love that SA trigger on it.

3kgt2nv

Both are great guns but the wife is not happy about my 4k in guns and growing so I am trying to be creative.

I want a S&W15 sport but don't want my wife breaking my chops when she sees the bill.

I prefer 9mm to .40 but have a hard time selling either because I like features on both. Glock has never failed in about 2500 rounds. I like the de-cocker on the Sig and the only failures have been mag related. (sometimes it doesn't lock open on last round)

If I sell either one it will be replaced with a true CCW gun like the Kahr PM9, PPS, Solo or Nano. I just can't get over this guilty feeling like I am betraying a friend.

get the wife involved in shooting then tell her you bought it for her :D

my wife has a requirement that she gets to shoot all my guns first before im allowed to. I have since bought many guns so she could "try" them out. the 375 h&h mag and the 458 were both awesome to watch her shoot. the 50 cal will be even better.

HALLAUSTIN

Dog for ar... EVERYBODY wins. Let your kids pick out a pup at the local humain society and go get ya that AR. Worked for my dad, but swap the ar for a new racecar.

Viper99

Well just came back from my lgs and they offered me 375.00 for the Glock which has Trijicon on it, the conversion barrel and the 3 mags. NO SALE.

The Sig has Sig lights and only about 300 rounds on it. They offered $400. NO SALE.

The Dog would work but I know who is going to be stuck cleaning after Fido, ME.
Have to think about it some more. But if I do get one, it will be from the humane society as was suggested.

Oh well, I guess I will have to wait another 2 weeks to just buy it outright. Funny thing was that the lgs had a G27 for sale all scratch up for 399. lol.

vyse.04

Well just came back from my lgs and they offered me 375.00 for the Glock which has Trijicon on it, the conversion barrel and the 3 mags. NO SALE.

The Sig has Sig lights and only about 300 rounds on it. They offered $400. NO SALE.

Sadly, you're never going to make out when you sell a firearm to a gun shop. A friend of mine had a Glock 40 with less than 300 rounds through it and he received a similar offer. He was just asking from the shop that he bought it a few months earlier, and they didn't even care about the condition because it was "a Glock" as they put it. The salesman said they were reliable, so his quote was accurate without even seeing it. The way he put it, he would be doing my friend a favor for giving him soooooo much for the trade. He ended up selling it to a friend for more than the shop offered.

Worst case, just post it in the classifieds and see if there are any buyers. The LGS will never pay you $450 for something they can only sell for $475, and it is the same with everything (cars, electronics, etc.).