If you could would you?

If it becomes available would you buy it?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No!

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Maybe?

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I'd like to shoot it once!

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

taylorce1

It looks like a division of Lockheed has built a successful smart bullet . I guess it is laser guided and can hit a target over a mile away and reaches 2400 fps. It is about 4" long so all of you short action lovers will have to get over it. :eek: Anyway they say they want to develop it for recreational shooters as well but I imagine it will hit a bunch of road blocks put forward by the Anti's.

I doubt I'd find it attractive to me but it might be fun to play with since I’m in the Army Reserves. I want to test my skills and while I use technology to improve my shooting ability from time to time. I don't think I want a laser guided projectile to take care of my hunting/shooting.

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
Off the cuff, it looks to me like coming to rely on such a deal would allow one's shooting skills to degrade.

Probably not the least-costly ammo you'd find...

Jim243

Since it targets on a laser beam, does that mean if your laser is on "YOU" are the target???

Jim

Ricky

I don't quite get it

Maybe I'm just not creative enough to get my mind around but it seems to me that if I'm close enough to hold a laser on it why not just shoot it? I don't see much use for shooting people, from a distance any movement and it would be very difficult keeping the laser on them. I do see that it should work for shooting stationary objects.

PawPaw

I've fired both wire-guided (TOW) and optically guided (Shillelagh) missiles. One each, during training. Those things were very expensive and the Army didn't have many to play with. The MGM-51 Shillelagh was a POS, but the technology was fairly new.

While the new Lockheed laser-guided bullet is interesting technology, I'll launch my own bullets, thank you.

jimbob86

it looks to me like coming to rely on such a deal would allow one's shooting skills to degrade

Even if cost were no object, and fun/challenge was immaterial, even the possibility of the loss of shooting skill would be a veto on this.

I still practice with iron sights, even though I shoot better with a scope, as there is no guarantee the scope will aways be there.

rickyrick

I could see a military application, but recreational wouldn't be much fun after a while.

I would like to try it once.

Status
Not open for further replies.