If you could only own one handgun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torpedo

If you could only own one handgun what would it be? What ammo would you use and why? I'm sure it's been asked a hundred times but I'd like to see what's the most popular combo and why.

------------------
Torpedo ( Life is great if you can survive it!)

Smith & Wesson Model 19, .357 Magnum. Most versatile cartridge around, in the best handgun around.

Ammo would be just about anything between 125 & 158 grains, including .38 Spl.

------------------
Beware the man with the S&W .357 Mag.
Chances are he knows how to use it.

catman

i've got an old mod. 10 S&W .38 that i've had for 17 years and i've never even turned the wheel on it much less fired it. have lots of other guns but i'm saving it for a rainy day it feels great in my hand.

denfoote

Ruger Red Hawk .44mag. Magnum loads for hunting, .44spl for defence.

------------------
BOYCOTT SMITH AND WESSON!!!
Defend the Constitution from the foreign threat!!!!

Yeah, I got a permit to carry,it's called the friggin Constitution.---Ted Nugent

"Man killing is nasty business"---Finn Aggard

9x19

My Glock 34.

It'll do everything I need a handgun to do, and do it well.

------------------
Make mine lean, mean, and 9x19!

Ossi

My HK USP Compact 9mm. 100 % reliable, quite accurate, good ergonomics, powerful enough for most tasks, compact enough for most situations. A good compromise of all important features for a do-it-all handgun... wonder why does HK say no compromise.

Ossi

muleshoe

If I were limited to just one hundgun for hunting and self defense, it would have to be my Redhawk 44mag. I love my Sig but just can't picture myself trying to shoot deer at 100 yards with it.

:)

------------------
bullet placement is gun control

Gremlin

Of those I own, it's gotta be the Ruger GP-100 .357mag, ss, 4" fully lugged barrell. All purpose weapon. Good looking. Accurate as he**.

Of those I don't own, it'd be an HK USP .45 Tactical.

------------------
Take the long way home...

JoeHatley

Ruger Blackhawk Convertible in .45 acp/.45 colt.

Accurate, strong, and the ability to shoot everything from target .45 acp to heavy 300 grain .45 colt hunting loads. With the short barrel, it could even be used as a carry gun.

Best hangun value available... (IMO)

Joe

------------------
Go NRA

Greg G

Probably my Sig 226 in 9x19. I'd have several 15 rnd mags for it and maybe a few 20 rounders. The cartridge can be found anywhere.

timujin

I used to think my only handgun would be a 4" barreled .357. But, I'm thinking that my Springfield "loaded" 1911a1 .45 acp might be the way to go........Mike

Calif Hunter

I would have to flip a coin to decide between my 6-inch Python or my custom .45 Commander. Or keep the 4-inch Model 29? One of those three anyway... I guess I would probably end up with the .44 mag based upon versatility for hunting, defense, carry, etc. I'm sure glad I don't have to decide for real, though.

Markk9

If I could only have one gun, it would have to be my Dan Wesson pistol pack with a the 4, 6, and 8 inch barrels, with the scope on the 8 inch.

Mark

birdman

Only one? Guess it'll have to be my 4" 29-2 with bulletts from 180 gr JHP's to 300gr. cast SWC's. Depending on how it's loaded it does so many things well. regards, birdman

Richard

I don't hunt so that eliminates my Virginian Dragoon. I guess if push came to shove I could get by without a 45acp, there go my Norinco 1911A1s. Now, I need an always gun so my beloved High-Powers both 9mms and the 40 S&W are out of here! I am glad I am not in this situation but my answer is my S&W Model 37. I would go with 110 gr Corbons. Regards, Richard.

[This message has been edited by Richard (edited June 21, 2000).]

jimmy

Probably a Beretta 92F. And yet I don't presently use the Beretta as either a house gun (G21), car gun (G17), or carry gun (G26, P228, or S&W Model 38).

Status
Not open for further replies.