If you could only have one semi auto?

Skans

My C-Series Hi-Power. I've never felt a gun as tight and smooth as this one. 9mm is acceptable to me and the capacity is sufficient. Plus, everyone has a 1911 and I don't want to be like everyone.

Stealth01

Wilson Combat! Accuracy, reliability, quality and they're damn good looking!

guns1.jpg

sigarms228

My German P226.

It shoots great for me, has been nothing but realiable, and has an awesome trigger. Plus I like the way it looks.

P226g1.jpg

AK103K

A box stock Glock 17 RTF with night sights.

Why? Because I can have a dozen of them and my wife only thinks I have one. :D

Well, that, and for the money, I just get more for my money.

lee n. field

If you could only have one semi auto?
What would it be and why?

That's a pretty broad question. How do you get to the point that you can only have one? What uses does this one gun have to cover? How long is this "only one gun" situation going to last?

There are all sorts of answers to these questions that imply different scenarios, and different answers to the "what one gun" question.

Some time ago I answered that question like this:

IF the world's as it should be, all unicorns and rainbows, I'm set for life and my biggest handgun addressable problem is too many stray cats, err, squirrels, a Ruger .22 auto, long barrel, target sights.

IF "We're in Teh End Times!", and I have to survive a 7 year Great Tribbleation wandering through a blasted and mutating apocalyptic landscape with only what I managed to grab in my panicked flight, a Glock 19. It should last as long as I need it. I can scavenge ammo from my fallen enemies, as, surely, the Man 'o Sin's minions will favor the Euroweenie 9mm over the One True Cartridge delivered by the hand of St. JMB.

SilentHitz

1911 in 45 acp., because I've carried one for decades...and I can build one from parts. Last but not least...I'm addicted to them. LOL

2010_0406pics19110016.jpg

BarryLee

Well, let’s hope it never comes to that, but simply based on performance and ammo availability/cost I would go 9mm SIG P229. Of course I would probably answer this same question totally different tomorrow.

stevet1

Smith and wesson M&P9

My Smith and Wesson M&P9 has been totally 100% reliable never misfiring on any ammo I've put in it. It's made in the USA and very well made. It's really easy to dissemble and clean or modify. Also it's a really accurate gun.

rep1954

Sig 226 DAK, 9MM with XS Sights BIG DOT express sights on it. Now if I could only get my buddy's wife to sell it back to me. Still dont know how she talked me out of it.

jaughtman

Well, from just "my" guns....

My Browning Hi Power.....because it is the most accurate, best pointing, best-looking pistol I own....and I don't handgun hunt.

J

Hammerhead

Very nice BHP's!
Damn fine looking pistols.

My choice is my CZ75B 9mm with the Kadet .22 conversion. Reliable and target accurate in both calibers.