If you always carry when out and about do you carry in your home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bfglowkey

When I lived in San Antonio, carried everywhere and almost had to carry in house as well. ( Nice apartment complex but shady ass folks hopped the fences all the time)
Now I live in Northern Maine and i have a 1/2 mile buffer or greater in all directions so I went old school and have a rifle over the mantle, a pistol in holster on the coat rack and the shotgun in the closet. Rest are tucked away sleeping soundly dreaming of when they can come out to whack coyotes, moose or deer.

CDW4ME

Affirmative. :) If I'm wearing pants I'm carrying.
Regardless of location (home included) a lethal threat (somebody(s) trying to kill me) merits at least 357 Sig / 40 S&W and I carry accordingly (Glock 23/32 minimum).

cc-hangfire

Unless carrying is illegal or will get me fired or when I sleep, my gun is on my person. I understand that everyones’ circumstance is different, but I’m with lee n field above on staging firearms.

In addition, if you ever need a firearm you’ll need it quickly. Watch some Active Self Protection YouTube videos. Criminal predators always use surprise and speed to their advantage, even if it happens in your home.

Where’s my gun? In my pocket or on my hip.

Bob Willman

With tuckable holster and mag carrier. if my pants are on I am carrying. Also that way there is no need to secure the firearm from any visitors.

Carmady

I'm not really into stats, but here's one I made up with no research:

100% of home invasions occur at home.

peterg7

If I’m lounging I have an LCP in my pocket, if going out or just came in Shield on the belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forte S+W

My Ruger LCP quite literally follows me everywhere inside and outside of my house, I've been known to carry it inside of my pajama pockets when I get up to use the bathroom at night, and even accidentally took it into the shower with me because I forgot that I had it in my swimtrunks pocket.

attachment.php

It's just so small and lightweight that it honestly takes more effort to leave it behind than it does to carry it.

rodfac

I carry both home and out & about. Up in the morning...and I strap in before I have my coffee. We live on a farm, far from help if needed, and the gun is an integral part of my work day. YMMv, Rod

rodfac

Originally Posted by ozarkhillbilly View Post
Why is "staging" an accident waiting to happen?
For one, when you come home and find a recently well armed burglar waiting for you.

Too many chances for bad things happening, and still way slower to get to, if you even can, than one always on you.
My thoughts as well. We have grand-kids that show up unannounced from time to time...Rod

dahermit

Carry, everywhere.

"Staging guns" here and there strikes me as a tragic accident waiting to happen.
I have "staged" guns. We have no children in the home, live out in a rural area, have no juvenile visitors. One of us is always home (both retired). So, I would opine that the "danger" of staging guns is rather a matter of the particular situation and environment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.