If we cast...can we still buy some???!!!

DiscoRacing

Startin to think that I have a little more Jacketed bullets that I may need in awhile. Course you can guess by the pics that I lean towards Hornady.

100_3008.jpg

100_3010.jpg

100_3009.jpg

GP100man

It`s good with me !! & I won`t tell nobody ;)

Really , I cast & shoot lead almost exclusively & that don`t make me wanna flush all my jacketed stuff it just lets me shoot more !!!!

Alls well within it`s limits & sometimes it`s cheaper to shoot a jacketed than to mix the alloys to achieve the same performace levels , even then ya have to worry `bout the bullet fragmenting on contact !!!& terminal effect !

zxcvbob

I cast my own .38, 41, and .45 bullets (and that's mostly what I shoot), but I still buy other cast bullets and a few j-bullets.

I haven't really committed to the cast bullets in the .41 yet. I just started shooting that one, and only have a cheap 2-cavity mold.

reloader28

I do have quite a few factory rifle bullets that are in them colored boxes, tho not all red. I like variety.

Most of my rifle bullets and ALL my pistol bullets are in coffee cans on shelves or under the bench around the lube/sizer.;)

DiscoRacing

Hey I got some yella ones in there too...

.. but the letters XPB...must be more expensive than the letters XTP...

I wouldnt see why those three letters would make such a difference in price.

DiscoRacing

Ya havent tried em??!!

I love em...Nothing I have had will group better in my .223 ruger.
I can shoot one hole all day with em.

That'll Do

I primarily use home cast bullets (.38/.357, .44, and .45) and for the most part, it satisfies my needs, but I do keep a decent amount of jacketed bullets on hand. Mainly 180gr FMJ from Montana Gold for my XDm.

I really like Hornady bullets, particularly the 230gr HAP for a .45 ACP (looks just like the HP-XTP but isn't designed to expand) and the 200gr FMJ-CT, also for 45 ACP, which is a fully jacketed semiwadcutter. Feeds great and leaves a nice sharp hole.

There are some days where I don't feel like dealing with lead (or if I visit a range that doesn't allow lead), and jacketed bullets save the day for me.

howlnmad

If you do feel the need to purchase any more of them there red boxed bullets, do so under an alias for fear of being cast out (pun intended) of this cult.

DiscoRacing

Cast out.... tossed to the curb... dropped... disowned...

.. are you serious??!!!

I can change... I wont buy anymore....
.. I can paint some of the boxes a different color.:cool:

dog town bullets

i have a 40x 22-250, the dog town bullets shoot surprisingly well, good groups, stay together at clost to 3900 fps, and make good pink mist, and theyre cheap,
i will continue to buy them.

DiscoRacing

They will take game too.... I dropped a nice doe this past year... with the 34grain hollow points no less... at around 75 yards... Bullet passed all thru... nearly a 1 inch hole all the way thru. Excellent bullets for sure.

FrankenMauser

DiscoRacing, you're over the federal limit for primer storage in a private dwelling. You need thicker walls, and a real latch on that powder primer magazine.

rdmallory

Someone else don't like the shape of Ramshot powder bottles.

Doug

And the Dog town bullets are less expensive at Midsouth. They call them varmint nightmares.

DiscoRacing

Dont know how much space everyone else has... but... my reloading space is getting small...wasnt big to start out with and have way way too much stocked up.:D