If someone gave you $1000.00 and said go buy a ccw...

Jake Balam

What would you get and why? My wife is ever so graciously letting me spend some of my hard earned money on a new weapon.

My personal preference isn't really that important in this thread, just seein what all you other guys are drooling over right now :)

oneounceload

Carried how?

In a pocket, add another 200 and get the Rohrbaugh
Holster - go with the slightly larger Kahr, P7, even a Glock

B.N.Real

Walther PPS 40 Smith or 9mm-used.

9mm if you are recoil sensitive.

Save the leftover $500 to shoot it at the range or for whatever.

Or two 642's-one for each pocket.:D

Last edited:

mes227

One of these:
--Colt Delta Elite 10mm
--Kimber 1911 with Crimson Trace grips
--AR-15 in 7.62mm
--Another Dan Wesson 445 SuperMag
--A matched serial number set of 1st edition S&W Bodyguards (revolver plus pistol) (I'd need to sell some brass to make up the bit extra over the budget.

MrDontPlay

I'd buy another engraved sp101 and carry both of them all the time. I'd spend the left over change on ammo and beer.

bigghoss

well I have already purchased a glock 26, ruger lcp, and ruger sp101

the next CCW on my list are ruger LCR .357, glock 19, and glock 30sf

Pahoo

Jake,
No matter how "long in the tooth" we are, there is always just enough of that little boy in all of us, to want that special gun you always thought you could not afford. I'll bet you could come up with a few just sitting there. With me, it would be a Smith-41. ....... :)
My compliments to your better half !! ... :)

Be Safe !!!

Jake Balam

Haha, I'm very old fashioned, I'd rather have well raised children than a second income. The drawback is fun money is hard to come by. Fortunately uncle Sam took pity on me this tax season.

Talked my wife into letting me stimulate the local economy a bit. Gonna head to my lgs, kesselrings, and see what kinda trouble I can get into :)

Jake Balam

I'm not a big fan of glocks. I admit they are very nice weapons. I don't agree with the company on some of their business practices and alleged tax evasions.

JohnKSa

Administrator
Stainless Kahr P9, several spare magazines and a Milt Sparks Summer Special. I'd spend the rest on ammunition to try it out.

The P9 and the CW9 are pretty similar pistols but the P9 is a little nicer in several respects. Costs a little more too...

SwampYankee

Well, I have a Sig P232, a S&W 4053, a Kahr P380 and a Speed Six that I all use for CCW. I'm not sure I have a favorite, they all serve a different purpose- depending up what I'm wearing and where I am going. If I could only keep one, I would keep the Kahr, it is the most versatile.

If I were to spend $1000 based on what I already have, I would buy a Springfield EMP in .40 S&W. I'd also seriously think about a Kahr MK40 Elite with night sites.

gak

SA orientation:
New Dan Wesson Guardian (alloy commander bob) or similar just-announced Smith commander bob or Kimber Pro Carry (ditto commander bob...sensing a trend here?)
IF any of the above can be had for close to $1K, I haven't seen. I'm probably off a few hundred! In which case, anyone heard of a cheaper factory commander bob? Too bad Springfield hasn't entered this zone - a Loaded CBOB would be great.

DA capable:
Ruger SR9C + light + holster + extra mags + $400 in ammo. Like the Springfield XDM, the "extra" cap mag/grip combo puts it over the top as an overall carry piece that can double as your all-purpose "only." Just feels better to me than the XDM. If the Smith M&P 9 comoact had that same featre I'd pick that.