if need be, who would pistol whip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

old_yout

Let's say you've already unloaded your weapon, no more ammo,the BG has been tagged a couple of times but is still capable and is still coming after you, albeit unarmed. Would you pistol whip him or would you not want your weapon coming in contact with them? My Security Six is a nice, heavy gun and I don't think I'd have any trouble knocking a guy out with it if I had to. On the other hand, I get the feeling my brother wouldn't want his Sig220 sullied by smacking a BG in the face. I may be wrong, but little dings drive him crazy.
How about the rest of you?

Ben

How's it going to look seeing that you beat the bg after emptying a full magazine already? With 2 or so rounds through him, chances are, you can outrun him. But you should also have a spare mag on you as well ;)

Ben

------------------
Almost Online IM: BenK911
ICQ # 53788523
"Gun Control Is Being Able To Hit Your Target"
Different, just like everyone else. (Ben Original)
Vote Joe for Mayor :)

[This message has been edited by Ben (edited November 02, 2000).]

LeonMichaels

Interesting situation. Been there....was almost Court-Martialed. Didn't expend a single round. Situation was instantaneous. and I got cut in the process. And the attacker was the victim at the start of the encounter. Battered wifes do strange things.

Being situational....one of the key rules to Close Quarters Combat is to get the attacker off of you....give yourself breathing room.

Under this situation.....being the aggressor has already taken a couple hits.....I'd consider him 'extremely' dangerous and my life is worth more then a ding or two on the finish of my sidearm.

Pistol whip. Nasty term, IMHO. How many times this individual gets smacked lies with the following rule......"Only use that force which is necessary to neutralize the threat."

If one hit from my sidearm takes him to his knees......my size 10 boot in the chest will do the rest. Cuff 'em & stuff 'em at this point.

So......I'm ok...my sidearm now has an extremely corrosive element on it....but I'm alive. Anything else is just paperwork.

Leon....

------------------
There are no dangerous weapons....only dangerous men. Robert Heinlein.

When the fear of failure to do one's duty for God and Country overcomes fear of dying, a true warrior is born.

K

KilgorII

Screw a $200-$1200 gun, your life is worth more than that. I wouldn't have even thought about it, he would be eating my Glock's slide.

Status
Not open for further replies.