If I could have five famous rifles..........

Mosinnagant

If you could have five famous rifles from any time period in history what would they be, who would they belong to. My famous five would be in no order.

1. Vasily Zaytsev's mosin nagant sniper rifle.

2. John Garand's first garand.

3. Mikhail Kalashnikov's first ak 47.

4. Eugene Stoner' first m 16.

5. Daniel Boone's rifle Tick Licker.

They would be my five famous rifles to own......but this will never happen so I can only dream.:(

azredhawk44

John Wayne's levergun from all his cowboy movies.

The musket Charlton Heston held over his head at the (1994?) NRA convention and yelled "From my cold dead hands."

Oswald's Carcano.

Clyde Barrow's BAR (of Bonnie and Clyde fame)

The .50 BMG Barrett rifle that the ATF/FBI claim to have been used by the Waco Davidians to shoot at federal agents, and the basis for the firebombing of the compound (I doubt it exists).

Colt46

I'll bite

1. Hemingway's Mannlicher Schoenauer
2. Billy Dixon's Sharps
3. Patrick Ferguson's rifle
4. Daniel Morgan's rifle
5. Anything ever touched by Carlos Hathcock

hooligan1

Try these!!!

1. Dirty Harry's model 29 ( it's not a rifle but it's way cool)
2. General Pattons pistol (ditto)
3. Elmer Keith's .280 Dubiel
4. Alvin York's Rifle ( I believe an Eddystone 03A3 ?)
5. John M. Browning's first M2

thanks for coming:cool:

Last edited:

L_Killkenny

None. Buy a gun just to let it sit and admire what someone else did with it? Heck, they're not even related to me and I've never met them. No thanks, I'll just stick to buying plain ol guns and making my own history.

LK

kaylorinhi

Only five?

1 Matthew Quigley's Sharps

2 A Tm6 MP-5N

3 Anything fired by Carlos Hathcock

4 M-1 Garand SN-02(I would never shoot #1)

5 Any M-2 carried by the Memphis Belle over Germany

And, and, and,

Mike

FrankenMauser

1. Meriwether Lewis's air rifle.
2. One of the .276 Pedersen Garand prototypes.
3. My great-grandpa's single action Colts from the Utah Museum of Natural History (a bit of an odd place for an exhibit about a man and his guns, I know).

None. Buy a gun just to let it sit and admire what someone else did with it? Heck, they're not even related to me and I've never met them. No thanks, I'll just stick to buying plain ol guns and making my own history.

Not everyone on these forums would just let them sit. ;)

Everything I mentioned above would be used as it was designed to be. :D

Chris_B

If I could have five famous rifles, an M1 rifle, M1 carbine, a BAR, an M14, and an M1903A3, all issued to regular grunts, would be my choice.

SPEMack618

1- Audie Murphy's Thompson, according to all the research I've seen it may have been an old M-1928A1 from a Texas National Guard Armory

2- Melvin Purvis' Colt .38 Super (fun fact: Agent Purvis was a distant relative)

3- Mitch Paige's watercooled .30 cal

4- Wyatt Earp's Single Action Army

5- Francis Curry's BAR

sserdlihc

I agree. The only gun that I would be interested in would be my Dad's 35 Remington that I remember him having as a kid. It was a lever gun, I can't remember if it was a Winchester or a Marlin. But that would be the rifle I would like to have. I would also shoot the tar out of it! There are no safe queens here. I don't discriminate, I shoot them all.