Identify this .222 please

Odd Job

I don't have any other pictures unfortunately. All I know is that it is .222:

222Rifle.jpg

222RifleClose.jpg

I've had some suggestions over on THR, but I just want some other opinions as I haven't been able to confirm anything yet.

Many thanks in advance.

biglabsrule

Maybe you should think about a little disenfectant.... nah I never use any of that crap either so I won't preach. Why did you pixleate it anyways? Who are you so scared of?

Odd Job

Why did you pixleate it anyways? Who are you so scared of?

It is because I don't want that individual's picture to be posted on a public forum. I trust it does not deter from identifying the rifle?

Odd Job

@ Gunsmoke

Ja, that is the suggestion I got over on THR. It could be a CZ 527 American, but with the CZ Lux stock. There are still some differences though. I have emailed CZ and asked for confirmation.

@ Scorch

Thanks also for the suggestion. I searched through some Sako images online and they have stocks that match my pictures. I can't get detailed pictures of the trigger area though. I emailed Sako too.

Hopefully I will get a reply from these companies.

Jim Watson

It's a CZ, dad blast it.
Now, being a .222 and not .223 it is probably several years old and different in detail from current models.

Jim Watson

You got it.
Combination of Yank type naked barrel and Euro hogsback stock, it could be as you said, an American barrelled action in a Lux stock either as a swapout or special order.
Differences you may have noticed are a stirrup sling loop instead of the usual Uncle Mikes stud and swivel. I think it has a better finish than current rifles, too, even though it has had a lot of use and maybe some knocking around from all the dings in the bolt handle.

WIN71

just a guess

Could it be a "pre-CZ " as in Brno. I have a Brno with the same type front sling attachment. I also have two recent CZ's, one "American" in .22 hornet and one "Lux" in .223. The pictured one has the stock of a Lux and the barrel of the American, ie sans iron sites, but the front sling attachment of neither.