Ideas for fun shoot

C7AR15

Just looking for some fun, skilled and lucky type shooting, to entertain the membership.
I was thinking dueling tree for handgun.

Pop can "races". Handgun/22 rifle Pop cans set up at 7Yds. Member has to shoot at can and get it over the 20Yd. line.

What has worked with your club?? I would love to add lots more to the fun shoot. Thanks JD

g.willikers

Reactive targets for sure.
Depending on your equipment, of course.
Reactive steel if your club has them.
Rows of clay birds on stationary supports - shoot 'em fast.
Balloons twisting in the wind at different distances.
Colored water bottles.
Let your imagination be your guide.

FITASC

Texas Star was always a challenge and fun.
Basically anything like reactive targets to,eep some fun and uncertainty in the game.

g.willikers

Similar to the Texas Star, a turning target can be easily made using a variable speed electric drill for power.
If the shooters are trust worthy, the drill can drive the target axle directly.
If not, then the drill would have be placed low and out of the way, with a belt drive to the target axle.

Dragline45

H-O-R-S-E, just replace basketballs with live ammunition. Really pushes you to take some incredible shots you would normally never try.

Dartboard targets, again, replace darts with live ammunition.

Great for competitive fun.

Old Stony

Take a few hints from the black powder boys that they use at rendezvous. Things like suckers on a stick where you have to break the candy off....playing cards to split...staple some strings on golf balls and hang them....the possibilities are endless. Most of that kind of stuff can be done with a simple 2x4 to attach the targets to. Holes in the 2x4 to put the suckers in, clothes pins stuck on the 2x4 to hold playing cards, staple the strings to the board to suspend the golf balls. All cheap and fun games to play.

C7AR15

Thanks

Thanks for the input.

Do the poker card shoots attract a lot of attention ?
I could see myself getting hooked on that one.
I guess the key is the distance to shoot with a handgun. 7Yds maybe????

drobs

Balloons are always fun.

Place an empty can of soda on top of a full can of soda. Shooting the full can will cause the empty to fly up into the air. A 2nd person with a shotgun could take out the flying can.

Saltine crackers make good 22lr targets.

FITASC

Saltine crackers make good 22lr targets.

At one time, someone made (and maybe still do) a clay target thrower designed to throw the round (Ritz) type of crackers; great for 410 fun