ID That Gun-Sopranos

45King

Can anyone ID the small autopistol used by the "fat **** in see-through socks" to kill Jackie, Jr. in the season finale of The Sopranos?

Strayhorn

A fake Glock in 8mm, but without the blank normally used for filming. Instead, it was powered by a small propane charge. The slide didn't even recoil.

We use these in the theatre and film classes on campus - you can buy them from a number of dealers and they are advertised in Shotgun News as well. When used with an 8mm blank, they recoil the slide and eject the brass. With the propane charge you get a report and a flash, but there's no wad or even any pressure wave to speak of. Most set armorers consider this to be safer, but it's not as realistic.

Here's who we get ours from:

http://replicaweaponry.com/

Most are made by the old British firearms firm of Webley & Scott. Here's their page:

http://www.webley.co.uk/i_blankmil.php3

In the previous episode, when Chris was about to shoot the guy who robbed the card game, you can really tell that the gun he was holding was a fake piece of plastic. Pretty shoddy. The quality of the show has really gone downhill in the last season.

Ken Strayhorn
Hillsborough NC

dinosaur

You guys gave it away!

I have both episodes on tape and I haven`t seen them yet! Grrr!. J/K:D

When I watch them I`ll have to look for those guns. I love little factoids like this.:D

Dean Speir

A fake 8mm Glock?!?

I don't think so…
soprano-gun.jpg
(Click for full-size images.)

45King

Well, let's see what we've got here....

It's a compact auto, squared off slide and trigger guard a la Glock, but with no apparent sights, front or rear.

C'mon, people, how many manufacturers are there that make compact auotpistols which look like a Glock w/o sights?

Could it be a Glock that's had the sights removed?

Could it be a Sigma 380?

Could it be a computer-generated animation of a gun that doesn't really exist?