ICORE shooters/members?

FM12

Just wondering...It's been recommended to me to try IDPA/USPSA in the revolver classes, but just wondering how the competition is in a "revolvers predominant" club. Any insight?:confused:

tirvin73

Idpa would probably be the one to try first. The cof is usually designed to be revolver neutral. I compete with the semi shooters and do fairly well. The divisions are segregated, no revolver shooter actually competes with the autos, but that is the first thing I take note of when the scores come out. We also have another type of shooting sport here in NW Louisiana. It is held at Long Range Alley gun club. It is derived from IDPA but we call it simply a CCW match. IDPA is a little more restrictive in the rules department and the "Practical" side is slowly slipping into oblivion. So if you decide to go this route, IDPA is fun, once you actually get started shooting.

I am getting ready to start in ICORE also. Many people already in matchs . Told me Take it easy, Go at your own pace. Your not in a race till you get alitte more experience under your belt.

Good Luck I hear it is alot of fun!!!!:D

I shoot at two different clubs and have seen a total of three people shooting revolvers. None of those three guys regularly shoot them, it's just a now and then kind of thing.

I have a 686 that I'm waiting to shoot in a match (finally ordered my speedloader pouches and some more speedloaders) and have yet to see anyone shoot a non-moon clip loaded revolver so I'm on my own as far as learning to speed reload one.

IDPA is usually revolver neutral as another member pointed out. To be honest IPSC stages are generally more fun (purely my opinion) but I like IDPA rules as they pertain to using cover/concealment. Neither are realistic training but both are a blast to go shoot.

WESHOOT2

life is not neutral

I use different revolvers occasionally in USPSA competition.
One may use concealment and cover, but it is not mandated.
All courses of fire are 'neutral', in that all shooters face the same challenge.

'Steel' and ICORE haven't visited our geography yet; IDPA died off; USPSA flourishes.

Competition has, IMO, great value, and it most certainly is fun.
For me....

A33102