I would like your opinion

Don P

I will be going to work for a armored car company. My choice of carry weapon is a 38spl or a 9mm. My choice is the 9mm and my question is, I currently own a Glock 26, good concealment but may be too small for every day duty carry. I also have a 92fs. Would you use either of these or consider the Berretta PX4 Storm or the SA XD Service model.:confused: All opinions will be appreciated. I am not considering a Glock nor do i want one.

rantingredneck

I say if you have the Beretta 92 already and are comfortable and familiar with it that's what I'd carry. I've never been a fan of them myself but its the asthetics and feel that I have a problem with, not their function. They are fine weapons.

Clayfish

If you already have the 92 then you've got a good carry gun. Pick up a nice duty holster and you're good to go. Now, if this is an excuse to buy a new gun I would personally pick up the px4. I take any excuse to buy a new gun I can get.:)

Don P

Thanks

The 92 it will be. NOT being a liberal, they do offer a interest free loan to purchase a handgun but I don't see a valid reason to purchase another 9mm. I don't want to by a handgun just for the sake of having the oppertunity to do so. I would much rather buy another handgun in MY choice of caliber. They gave the choice of hollow points or hard ball as far as ammo and it is left up to the individuals.:D

rwilson452

You didn't say but some companies haev a minimium barrel length. I suspect your 92F will fit their standards. My advice is go to the biggest gun store around and fondle every pistol that meets their standards let your mind and body decide. as for me i would likely go with the XD. because I made that choice already. The Glock just doesn't fit my hand well whereas the XD45 fits just fine. I'm retired so I can carry what ever fits my fancy.

fairview mick

9MM choice

I concur with sasquatch. You can't beat the Sig 226 for a duty gun, range, personal protection or ???????
I have the SAS/DAK and the standard DA/SA. Stay with the tried and true SA/DA if you get a Sig.
Mickey

stephen426

I'd say carry both the Beretta and the Baby Glock. The Beretta will be your primary of course and the Glock 26 in an ankle holster. The Beretta is more visible and hopefully more of a deterrent. I don't know how bad guys think, but I'd take on someone with an old six gun before I took on someone with a high capacity 9mm. Thats just my $.02 worth.

jfrey123

I'd carry the 92FS... Good enough for our military isn't it? ;)

I've got a question for you though... Is open carry prohibited by your company? I can't imagine why you would want to carry a compact if you can get away with a full size frame open on your hip... The armored car guys here open carry as part of their uniform. It's actually a job I wouldn't mind, but the paint store pays me more as a tinter/counter guy than the armored car guys would...

Anyway, for what our opinions are worth, what do you feel like you can shoot the best? Carry that...