I won the lottery

kraigwy

The CMP has an Advanced Maintenance Class for repairing and building M1 Garand's.

Before, every time they offered the class I'd jump to the CMP site to find they were sold out.

This year they decided to offer the classes by lottery. 5 Classes, 20 students each, but would choose the students by lottery.

And I won the lottery for the Aug 7-9 class.

During the class you get to build your own M1s using GI parts and new barrels and stocks.

My M1 is pretty shot out, its a pre war gun, (304***) I got in 1980 under the old DCM program. I've been debating rebarreling it or buying another to use in CMP Garand Matches.

This ends the debate because I won the lottery.:)

Corrections Cop

Congrats! That would be a once in a lifetime event, you should take some pictures, and post them on here. So we can see all the awesomeness!

olddav

Envy is an ugly thing! Thank goodness social norms encourage me to congratulate you on our good fortune.:D

Orlando

For $1800 you better get to keep the rifle!!:eek: Congratulations on the lottery but I dont see where its worth that kind of $$$

HiBC

I'm happy for you,Kraig!!They made a good choice.You da man!

Of course,you realize you'll get more questions now!

JohnKSa

Administrator
And I won the lottery for the Aug 7-9 class.

During the class you get to build your own M1s using GI parts and new barrels and stocks.
Very cool. Now that's a real vacation!

1stmar

I saw this offering on cmps site, the cost turned me away but i thought it was only for the class. Didn't realize you'd be building and keeping a rifle. Should have read more... Maybe next year. Good luck and be sure to post pics of your new rifle. 9 months... Going to be rough wait.. :)