I won some money, which sub $300 gun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delaware_Dan

Well the roulette tables were good to me last night, so I'm now cleared to buy another gun with the winnings. My first thought was a Bersa .380, but with the price of .380 ammo eclipsing .45 ammo I am having second thoughts. I also thought about a Makarov clone as well, or maybe a novelty gun like a derringer or NAA mini revolver. If you won 300 bucks and were gonna spend it on a gun what would you buy?

(I can not come up with any more funds towards something nicer, SWMBO says I don't need another $500-800+ gun)

Edit: I might be able to come up with a couple more bucks, just not much.

Last edited:

CortJestir

If you won 300 bucks and were gonna spend it on a gun what would you buy?

Hmmm...I won't recommend a gun, but if I were you, I'd buy some ammunition, accessories (targets, holsters, scopes, etc.), or reloading supplies. Or if you don't reload, now's a great time to invest in reloading equipment. $300 will get you a nice turret press set-up with accessories and consumables. JMHO.

If I had just $300 to spend, and was set on spending it on a gun, I would pick up the used Bond Arms .357mag derringer my dealer has in his shop. It looks like new and is $299 out the door. :)

gunCDlarge.gif

raftman

Are those the Makarov clones?

Not really, it just uses the same ammo. It's said by most to be based on the Walther PPK, but with a couple of things in common with the Makarov.

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
I would pick up the used Bond Arms .357mag derringer my dealer has in his shop. It looks like new and is $299 out the door.

All I can say to that is "OWWWEEECCCCHHHHH!" Dang, that sucker has GOT to hurt.

Skans

I'd probably splurge on 1000 rounds of cheap 9mm or however much I could get of 10mm.

If I could find a Megastar 10mm, I'd buy that. If I didn't already have a Megastar .45, it might fit the bill.

Maybe a used EAA Witness in 9mm.

I like that Derringer - nice!

Nate1778

Delaware_Dan said:
What should I know about the FEG PA63? Good, bad?

I have the FEG APK which shares parts with the PA63, I can say after 2-300 rounds my exacter chipped and I had to "find" another one to the tune of $35 shipped from only one location I could find. Its a great gun, if you have meat hands the slide will cut you upon firing if your hand is not clear. They are heavy for what they are, but IME they are reliable, just hard to find parts for.

Status
Not open for further replies.