I went backwards this weekend 44 magnum

THEWELSHM

I learned to reload on a .... here we go Progressive press ( Hornady LNL AP) I bought a 1973 RCBS JR3 to help with resizing cast bullets and it works great, We have had a lot of rain in FL this weekend so I decided to load 6 rounds single stage. I cast the 240 grain bullets with a LEE mold, Used 20 grains of Accurate # 9 with CCI Primers , then I used ( for the 1st time Lee Dies) slapped everything together on the RCBS single stage I have to say this,,, it took a while to do but wow it was fun. I don't think I could load single stage day in day out but could if I needed too.. I can see why our mature friends stick with their single stage presses.. By the way RCBS JR 3 is a hell of a good press..

thewelshm

jetinteriorguy

All I've ever loaded on are single stage presses, for over 30 years and quite a bit of ammo. I do cheat though, I use two at a time. This is my routine, first deprime with a universal depriming die, then tumble clean, then size, then prime with a hand primer. Then next is where the dual presses come in, for pistol I have my expander and powder measure set up in one press, and then my bullet seater and crimp die in the second press. This way I visually make sure of a powder drop in each case while switching between presses as an added safety measure. For rifle I seat and crimp in separate steps.

dahermit

I hand-load all my handgun and .30 Carbine with my Dillion 550b, but keep my RCBS Jr. for my rifle loading.