I was browsing on another forum

Oysterboy

And in the ammo thread a member posted today that he bought two 250 pack UMC 40sw 180 MC for $45 each. As soon as I saw that I tore out of my room, hopped in my car and sped to Walmart.

I was worried that it's gonna be all gone but when I got to the counter there was two left and the price was $69 clearance. I thought WTH and looked for a clerk to verify. It took a while but I finally found one and he scanned it.

It's $45 sir and I said it's sold. :p

18 cents a round, can't beat that.

DubC-Hicks

Went to Walmart today, they were clearancing out Perfecta ammo. I missed out on the 9mm for $6/box, .380 for $9, and .223 for $10 for a box of 50. All they had left was .40, which I don't have. :(

BarryLee

They're gonna stop stocking ammo aren't they?

The local Walmart hasn’t carried guns or ammo for some time now. It may be a growing policy change or simply local stores catering to the local market. In other words if they aren’t selling a lot of guns and/or ammo in a specific store why deal with all the issues.

1969Colt1911

I recently bought some white box Winchester 230 grain hollow point 45, and 185 grain federal low recoil ammo. The federal were awesome as were the white box. I hated the packaging on the federal so never again. It really does.nt take much to lose my future purchasing.

Oysterboy

I've been getting my ammo at Academy. They're on the shelves where you can grab what you want and take to the checkout.

I got tired of Walmart looking for a clerk with the keys but for this one I waited for it. I think it's the tax free weekend that kept them busy.

Hawg

The stocking of guns and ammo at Walmart is simple. If it sells well they stock it, if it doesn't they don't. I can get Tula .45 ACP for a little over 14.00 per 50 but that's about the best I've seen anywhere. I usually reload my own but sometimes it's nice to be able to fire a few mags and not have to worry about chasing brass.

dakota.potts

I went to both Wal-Mart's near me today. None of the mega packs there but I got a 100 round box of federal .223 for $38 and the last 50 round box of CCI .22- an absolute rarity in these posts.

The other Wal-Mart did indeed have 250 round boxes of .45 for $45 and .40 for $54 but their 9mm was not on sale. It was priced at the regular $70

lee n. field

Really? Looks like something's going on with Walmart.

They're gonna stop stocking ammo aren't they?

It's been quite a while since I've seen Walmart clearance ammo. But, I'm still working through a buttload of .40 and .380 social purposes (Winchester Silvertip) that I picked up at Walmart 15 years (give or take) ago, at half price them.

Joe_Pike

I saw nothing but Remington on clearance, so, I bought the last 250 round pack of .45acp for $45 and the last 15 round pack of 12 ga 00 Buck for $5.

Dufus

I was in 2 different ones over the weekend and the shelves were crammed full from top to bottom and side to side.

Neither had 22 LR and neither had anything marked clearance.