I want to be fair with dealer.

Guy B. Meredith

I am posting this on THR and Firingline due to some haste.

This ought to be interesting; I haven't seen a posting like this before. Hopefully Tamara and some others will chime in.

I bought a Ruger MK512 from a local gun shop a few years ago. Recently discovered it had manufacturing defect. Ruger is shipping a replacement with new serial number. The shop is willing to take it into stock so I don't have to register and give me credit against another item. That item will be either a Mossberg or Remington HD model.

I want to make sure I am fair to the dealer for his consideration. Other dealers in the area won't do the same deal.

From the dealer's perspective, what would be a fair trade assuming Ruger ships back 1) a MKII exact replacement for my blued MK512, 2) a MKII in stainless, 3) a MKIII equivalent? I will be looking at Remington 870 18" 7 shot, Mossberg 500 in either 18.5" and 6 shot or 20 inch and 8 shot or Mossberg 590 20" 9 shot.

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
Sorry I missed this! :eek:

Lemme check some Mossenberger prices @ work today, and I'll get back to you. :)

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
Okay, here you go:

From a wholesale cost standpoint, a MK512 is roughly the same price as a 500 Persuader (either barrel length.) It's actually five or six bucks cheaper if you want to be precise. The base, bead-sighted, 590 runs about $15 cheaper than a stainless MK512 (KMK512.)

Hope this helped. :)

Guy B. Meredith

Tamara,

Thanks. The dealer is saving me some California and Federal hassle, so I want to make sure to throw in some cash value for him on the trade.

He seems too good to be true for businesses around here.