I touched greatness today...

TheGunGuy

I went to the LGS today to pick out my gun of the month, when, out of nowhere
a SIG P229 Enhanced Elite E2 jumped into my hands. It felt great and after half a second, it looked great. I wasn't sold on the beaver tail on a SIG, but after seeing it in person... it couldn't have looked any better. I told him to write it up and proceeded to fill out the appropriate paperwork when he said "Wait! We have a problem." I asked what was wrong and he pointed out to me that there was no police chief signature (stamp) on my permit to purchase. I was heart broke. I absolutely could not believe it. After obtaining countless purchase permits, this ONE was missing the most crucial part. I never even thought to look for it.

Anyway, being Saturday and not being able to do anything about it, he offered to hold it with a $200 deposit until I can make it back there Monday after work.

Lesson learned: CHECK YOUR PERMIT BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE POLICE DEPARTMENT.

Greatness I tell you....

Will post pics Monday night!

drail

I personally would not live in a State that required my police's chief's "permission" to own or carry a gun.

TheGunGuy

Unfortunately that's the great state of Michigan. A bill is being pushed that will eliminate that. It looks quite promising, but my only other option is to get my CPL and eliminate the permit to purchase hassle all together.

What's two more days anyways...

Cool Breeze

Good luck to you on it sir.......sounds like you really got to want your pistol pretty bad in Michigan..............to put up with laws like that.

makes me glad I settled here.........all they want is your money here pretty much and the pistol becomes yours within the hour if you got a permanent address in town.............

I'd wait though also if I had to although I might whine a bit in the process

:) once you finally get that pricey thing, it will be worth it. What's next for pistol purchases?

brown paper bags at midnight perhaps and a 3 ring circus for hoop jumpers......

rant, rant- it just jacks up prices more and makes it easier on those who purchase illegally...................around here anyway- but there's a lot of firearms around here- I'll clam up now

brucele

I personally would not live in a State that required my police's chief's "permission" to own or carry a gun.

Yes,I agree with you.

psyfly

In TX, private, person-to-person sales are not strictly regulated.

You're not supposed to sell a firearm to a prohibited person or to a resident of (some) other states (some are okay:confused:) but you, as seller, aren't under any legal obligation to check that out.

Pretty much like buying your used lawnmower or selling you my used blender, I think.

W

Wyoredman

In Wyoming, here is how a private, person to person pistol sale works.

Me: I have a pistol to sell.
Buyer: I have money!
Me: Are you a Wyoming resident?
Buyer: Yes.
Me: Give me the money.
(Hands me the cash)
Buyer: Give me the gun.
(hand him the pistol)

Transaction finished.

jgcoastie

drail said:

I said that too, once upon a time...

Then Uncle Sam's Confused Group gave me a set of orders to come here... Not many choices left at that point...

With my active duty military status, I am considered a "resident" for 4473 purposes, and with my Mississippi CHL, I can buy whatever I want on the spot, but I have to go register the handguns at the Sheriff's Office when I'm done.

Hopefully HB5225 passes the Senate and no one will have to worry about it anymore.

LockedBreech

In Wyoming, here is how a private, person to person pistol sale works.

Me: I have a pistol to sell.
Buyer: I have money!
Me: Are you a Wyoming resident?
Buyer: Yes.
Me: Give me the money.
(Hands me the cash)
Buyer: Give me the gun.
(hand him the pistol)

Transaction finished.

Yessir! :D

Salmoneye

I do have a question for those of you who live in a state that does not require a permit to purchase... How are private person to person pistol sales conducted?

Look in news paper.

Call phone number.

Meet, shoot the bull, dicker, go home...