I took a hacksaw to that darn Kahr

shiroikuma

he he he

View

stock P9 mag fully seated

View

MK9 mag fully seated

It shoots just as well and just as easily controlled as with the full size grip but... It really disapears when you want to hide it.

shiro

Tecolote

The Chronicles of Shiroikuma

We need to start a section called The Chronicles of Shiroikuma. Where do you come with these ideas? ;) It looks good, and if it fits so much the better.

Russ

Great job!. I wouldn't have had the guts to do this myself. Looks like it came that way from the factory.

Redlg155

Well..a couple of weeks ago in a post he threatened to do it..and damned if he didn't! :D

Looks great. You dear Sir, are a braver man than I!

Good Shooting
RED

shiroikuma

Thanks for the comments! It was not difficult at all. I just was careful to measure twice cut once. As in the old saying you can keep cutting as many times as you want but it never gets longer so do it right the first time.

I used a coping? saw. Lookes like a hacksaw frame but a narrow blade used for cutting curves in wood to do the cut and various grades of sandpaper to smooth out the edges. They are now as very smooth and I beveled the mag well just like it came from the factory as well. You can tell it was cut as the cast edges look a little shiney compared to the cut edges.

the two pics are both of the cut down grip with different mags to show the diffence in lenght. The long mag is the length with the stock grip and the short mag is the flush fit new length. Both mags work fine. I shot a 2" at 7 yards with the newly cut down gun. Just as well as I shoot it full size. The darn thing still shoots a 1" or so left though.

I had to work up the nerve to do it though... :)

shiro

"cause shiro is my hero"

David Scott

I saw a magazine article about this same mod being offered by some custom gunsmith. Looks like you saved some bucks and did a good job. Personally, I'd have beveled the mag well a bit with a Dremel tool, you could still do that.

Johnny Guest

Moderator in Memoriam
Adding my compliments on your beautiful work.

The image of your Kahr with the Agent dramatically depicts the size comparison. Nice photography.

Do the MK9 mags all come with the metal floorplate? I really dislike the bulky plastic floorplates on my P9 mags. Would it be practical to order the metal ones to put on my P9 mags, or is there somethign really different about 'em?

Regards,
Johnny

shiroikuma

I think the mag body in the P9 extends beyond the grip making a flush fit floor plate still extend beyond the grip.

shiro