I thought

Kendo

that bullets came with loading info? I'm new to reloading, as a matter of fact these are my first box O bullets. Their barnes varmint grenade 50 gr in 223 for my A R. So where do I get the recipes from. I've only got one reloading manual for now and it don't have info for the 50gr only the 36gr varmint grenade. Other bullets ,even similar, dont enterchange, is that right? I shouldn't use a recipe for another bullet. Am I thinkin right on this? Like I say as green as they come on reloading, so I may be being overly cautious ,and if so tell me. Thanks.

Kendo

Thank you very much. I honestly looked at their site and could not find ANY reloading info. I'm also fairly new on computers.:D As far as powders go, I haven't picked one yet,I was waiting to get the bullets to see what they called for.Thanks again Doc.

Teuthis

If you are going to be a handloader, you need manuals; lots of manuals. There are now Internet resources and you can download manuals, but I think most people will agree with me that having the books is best. Study them and learn about your calibers and the bullets that are fired in them.

Kendo

OK looking over this, now I have another question. How important is the case? They call for a winchester case and I have federal. Hey you said ask lots of questions.:D

Kendo

Teuthis, Yes sir I agree and I'm working on this.The one I do have is Lymans 49th edition and I've read it cover to cover and will read more. I've done quit abit of research on different bullet and powder websites as well, But I'm also ready to get started, slowly...very slowly. Thanks for lookin out for me, I need all the help I can get.

Dr. Strangelove

Don't worry about the manufacturer of the cases for now, just be sure they aren't:

1. Crimped primers (almost only found in spent military cases) - stamped ring around primer pocket or "staked" two or usually three marks, looks like the firing pin mark on a spent .22LR case.

2. Berdan primed - look down the empty case mouth with a flashlight. One flash hole means they are boxer primed, two means they are Berdan primed. Trade the Berdan primed cases to another new guy.

3. Steel cases - are they brass "looking" (shiny, yellowish) or do they look like steel coated with lacquer? Don't load the steel cases.

Kendo

Well crap, Now I'm wonderin... what cases are usually Berdan primed? Cause I thought it was usually the military or steel stuff.

Dr. Strangelove

Well crap, Now I'm wonderin... what cases are usually Berdan primed? Cause I thought it was usually the military or steel stuff.

It is only foreign cases, but occasionally some of that stuff sneaks in with your range pickup brass.