I think I've got a problem.

Lead Express

I just wanted to share something with you folks about my experiences with reloading. I bought myself a progressive press for Christmas so I could start rolling my own. I learned as much as I could and opted for a progressive press to save time, because I though those old single stage presses would be too slow.

Well after a few thousand rounds, I bought a single stage press because I enjoy reloading so dang much! I bought some casting dies and a melting pot to make my own bullets as well.

I initially got into reloading to save time and a little money (I just ended up shooting a LOT more), but now relish all of the time at the bench that I can get. Thank you all for the insightful threads and help! :D

serf 'rett

When its your turn in the group circle, remember to start with

"Hello, my name is Lead and I reload. " wait for group response

hooligan1

Well I'm not ashamed to say that I love handloading/ testing ammo. I love it so much my 2003 Champion bassboat has been parked for over a year...:eek: Shooting the loads are only a necessary evil to me like buying more powder and bullets.

I have only two rifles left to develop loads for, .243 win, and another .270 win.

and i hope it takes alot of testing!!!!;)

Gahunter12

Well I'm not ashamed to say that I love handloading/ testing ammo. I love it so much my 2003 Champion bassboat has been parked for over a year... Shooting the loads are only a necessary evil to me like buying more powder and bullets.

I have only two rifles left to develop loads for, .243 win, and another .270 win.

and i hope it takes alot of testing!!!!

I understand what you are saying! I let my 2007 Skeeter 21i set in the shop for 10 months. After realizing I had not fished in 10months and how much money I wasted on gas, stabile, and oil, she was put up for sale. I just sold my Skeeter 3 weeks ago, and made $1,100 after payoff. That $1,100 went to buying a new AR, and dies for it. I can't decide if I like shooting or reloading more.

m&p45acp10+1

I started reloading a bit over 2 years ago. Since then I have shot a lot, and spent a lot. Even worse I have not saved a thing. In fact I think I am even more broke. Speaking of which I have to go to the gun store to pick up some bullets to test out this weekend.

Fools, and their money are soon parted. Reloaders, and their money are parted even faster.

hooligan1

Well Gahunter, there's no way I'm selling mine,,,I bought it before the economy crashed so I probably couldn't replace it.

I've been picking up rifles here and there, so I have just enough of them now to do some serious handloading,,, problem is taking all those rifles to the range at one setting,, I recruit some kid help once in a while to carry the weight and leadbag but it's kinda tough, or kind of a slow process when I go solo.:rolleyes:

Gahunter12

I hear ya. It was hard to just walk away, but I purchased my first boat the summer of 1995 between my Jr/Sr year in High school. I have had 8 bass boats, 5 of which were new since. I spent from 1997-2005 fishing BFL tournaments. I think I have burnt my self out fishing and not doing the other things in life I enjoy. I think that's the reason I have enjoyed shootin, and reloading. My wife shoots with me weekly, and have started IDPA this year. It's a change of pace for me, and not a weekly must to stay on top of points. I am having so much fun reloading and shooting with my wife!!

res45

I started loading about 30+ years ago with a Lyman Orange Crusher kit I bought with money I made working on local farms during the summer months when out of school. It's the only press I've ever had or really needed,I load for five different rifle calibers and four pistol calibers.

Reloading,casting,shooting and hunting are my hobbies. I don't consider the time or cost of either as it's what I enjoy doing when not involved in the rest of lifes responsibilities.