I think I'm going to switch eyes for pistol

spacecoast

I'm extremely nearsighted (corrected with contacts), righthanded and left eye dominant. My eye doctor has given me slightly different prescriptions in each eye, such that my long distance vision is best with my left (dominant) eye, but my close and intermediate distance vision is better with my right (trying to fight the inevitable outward movement of what is a comfortable reading distance). I have noted that my right eye vision is sharper at arms' length than my left (although it's my non-dominant eye), so I am thinking I should learn to shoot 25 and 50 yard targets using my right eye.

Agree? Disagree? Why or why not?

T/C Hunter

Me too

I am right handed left eye dominate too. I use my left eye when shooting hand guns and right eye with rifles. They do make specail contact now that are by focal . Might be your best bet. But it's not a prblem to use your right eye. In match shooting just close one eye. :D

mapsjanhere

One word, lasik. Went from "can't find the soap in the shower" to shooting 1/2" groups. If you're past 35, it's the best $2k you ever spend.