I think im finally about to get one.....

cbuck

.......my first left handed rifle. im naturally a lefty and as of now have a marlin 25, a sks with the tapco furniture, and a mosin nagant. i love all three of these rifles until it comes to working the actions.

im looking for this 4th rifle as a hunting and target rifle. my local range only goes to 100yds and from what ive been told i wont have to shoot too far beyond 250yds anywhere around here. for caliber ive become pretty set on a 308 based on whats readily available around me and am down to either a savage 10 or 11, or remington 700 sps or varmint for my choices as they seem to be the only ones that i can get locally for under $600.

my biggest question is is one of these guns superior to the others as far as reliability, the trigger, and overall quality. from what ive heard the quality of remington has started to be questioned lately as well as for the price of just a rifle i can get a savage 10 package with a bushnell scope on it already. also if anyone knows of any left handed or ambi rifles ive looked over please let me know.

thanks in advance for the help

PawPaw

Lots of choices these days for lefty rifles. Savage makes a bunch, and I'm a Savage guy. I've got several around here, but as long as you're looking.

Remington, Ruger, Tikka, CZ, Browning, all make left hand rifles. Take your choice.

cbuck

thanks guys, i really like the looks of the ruger with the exception of having to use a long eye relief scope on it. i cant find a cz in 308 thats lefty and the brownings are a little too far out of my price range.

im wondering cay you put a 10rd mag on either the savage, tikka or remington, giving it that tacticool look and increased capacity but with the ability to use a rifle scope instead of a long eye relief one

PawPaw

You can mount a scope in the regular position on the Scout rifle, but it has that forward rail for mounting a scout scope. Either way works with that rifle.

Savage is coming out with some rifles that have 10 round mags. The 10FCP-SR is one with the large mag and is suppressor ready. But, I don't think you can get it in left-hand. I'm betting that Savage will come out with more rifles like this as demand increases.

However, anything is possible through their custom shop. They can build just about anything you want to see.