I think i just fell in love

shootniron

I have one and I have shot it sparingly. It has held up to the limited use that I have given it. The only reason that I have it is that my friend bought it and decided after a few rounds that it was not for him so he sold it to me dirt cheap. I have had such terrible luck with Taurus revolvers that I have no confidence in the gun, but that is probably not fair...but I have been gored twice by Taurus so I am leery. It is a nicely fitted and very heavily made gun and it may be fine for a lot of use, I am just not confident of that just yet. I will say that if I were going buy a new .454 tomorrow, it would not be the Raging Bull.

Prof Young

Minor problems with mine.

I have the Raging Bull 44 mag. I like it a lot and shoot it often. I did have to have the cylinder spring replaced. Did it myself. They sent me a free spring.
If you can get a good price, I'd say go for it.

Live Well Be Safe
Prof Young

DiscoRacing

Lemur likes hers.

beanraging.jpg

Leejack

A friend of mine bought one of the very first RB 454's.

I did get to shoot it a few times, it was huge fun!

Quite noisey too. It was actually louder than my single six! :eek::D

kwcausby

raging bull 454 casule

Bought the 454 casule about 2 months ago.I was surprised at how deadly accurate it was.The ported barrel is a must on this beast.At 50 yards we were putting every shot in a 5" circle.Now I want a 500.

Cheapshooter

I have had such terrible luck with Taurus revolvers that I have no confidence in the gun, but that is probably not fair...but I have been gored twice by Taurus so I am leery.

To risk the Taurus Tirade that usually shows up on these threads I must ask. Were the Taurus guns you had covered under the lifetime warranty. and if so did you use it? I know all the negative CS stories, but wonder if sometimes people just get tired of dealing with them and give up. I can see that if it's your only gun, but I have the tenacity to just keep trying if I would have a problem with one.
Please, I would like an answer from shootiniron, and not an avalanche of Taurus hate!

shootniron

Cheapshooter,

Both of my guns were and are covered by the warranty, but I did get discouraged and quit when they returned with the original problem fixed, but had developed another problem somewhere along the way.

Really, I want to like them, but my experience has been a real turn-off and it has given me a sense of dread everytime I think of them because neither of them can be shot with any amount of satification...plus, I am tired of the hassle involved in returning them for what seems to be an exercise in futility.

Last edited:

Walklightly

Life Time Warranty? I had a Rossi, they insisted I ship it to them (16175 NW 49thth ave Miami same address as Taurus) on my dime. Taurus has the same address. When I got to UPS, they charged me like $40.:mad:

At that point there was nothing I could do except pay it, or go through the BS of calling Braztach/Taurus. I was fuming and just paid it and I now have a lifetime membership of dogging either of them. I never want to go through that again.

That was the short story.

lee n. field

Is downwards compatible with what? .44 Mag and .44 Special?

Anyone have any experience with this beast.

http://gunnuts.net/2011/10/03/rental-gun-stress-test-taurus-model-44/. This here is close.

Life Time Warranty? I had a Rossi, they insisted I ship it to them (16175 NW 49thth ave Miami same address as Taurus) on my dime. Taurus has the same address. When I got to UPS, they charged me like $40.

My understanding is that Taurus will pick up shipping in the first year of ownership now. Otherwise, yeah, that's what UPS charges.

Last edited:

Charger Fan

The chick, the facial grimace & the shorts...that's the only three positives I see in this thread.:D Okay, she's cute.
Carry on...

Walklightly

My understanding is that Taurus will pick up shipping in the first year of ownership now. Otherwise, yeah, that's what UPS charges.

I had mine for about 3-4 month's from new. I was so made when I finally got to the main hub on MLK BLVD (25 miles), I was POd anyway, and reluctantly paid up.

Gas, time, stress, 300 wasted round of .38spls turned my $235 gun into a $375 gun. at least it's new again.:D