I succumbed to the 1911

impact

You get a good working 1911! It's love at first sight. I have Kimber Coustom classic 1. That is one fine gun. Here is a pic
DSC00933.jpg
[/IMG]

blume357

I had a little extra cash

A few months back and picked up a Springfield 1911... never knew what I was missing. There was a program on one of the outdoor channels last night, I think "the shooting gallery" and it was on the 1911.. most popular and customized handgun ever.

You'd think if they were so popular the ammo would be cheaper though.

That's one nice looking gun! Merry Christmas!

AZta2guy

Congrats and welcome to the dark side!!!!! You picked out a great pistol for your first 1911. I have one of the first Gen. SC1911 by smith and love it. Course it is not my only one. The 1911 is an addiction so be warned. Once you have had one you will soon discover that it is not enough. God help you if the build bug bites you.

IndianaDean

I'm sure it won't be my last, but I doubt I'll get the build bug. Any 1911 I've tried in the past that had problems was always one that had been customized.

MuthaGoose

Congrats Indianadean, IMO you picked a great model. I had the chance to shoot a S&W 1911 at the indoor range 2 weeks ago and loved it (the trigger and accuracy really impressed me). Merry Christmas and enjoy your new purchase!!! :)