I started with .45s...

Stainz

I started with .45s... actually, a G21 in .45 ACP. Then, one day, ten years back, I bought a Ruger .45 Blackhawk Convertible... to shoot up that .45 ACP stash. I had to try .45 Colts... then, I needed a DA - got a Ruger .454 SRH - tried them for a bit - then .44 Specials & Russians - Magnums - then, .38s & .357 Magnums. I thought I was done... then, .32s, first, oddballs from 1895 Nagants, then .32 H&RM/S&WL. Friday, I discovered .22LR!

Oh, I had wanted a S&W 617 10-shooter, in 4", for years. Everytime I got serious cash together, I couldn't do the deed - that thing is as big as a .38/.357 Magnum - and actually cost me $40 more than what my new 6" 629 did three years ago! Yep, I bought one new - last Friday.

IMG_0619.jpg

Okay, I have no idea why I 'needed' this thing. I can't protect my life or property from anything but an attack by squirrels with it. It's too big to CC, so I can't even be protected against said squirrels in my backyard with it. Hunt? Again, squirrels? We are cat-lovers here, so don't suggest that. Thus far - it has been serious fun! And, with it's penchant thus far for el-cheapo ammo, it will be quite handy to have shooting fun with. Yeah, it doesn't drop the rebounding metal plates... but they 'ping' - and it holes paper nicely, if dimunitively.

So, you have the basics - a CCW, HD, hunting or competition revolver... now you want pure shooting fun - with frugal ammo - get a .22LR rimfire DA-capable revolver - you'll thank me later. Far more fun than my huge KMK-678GC (Ruger MKII). I am happy as a clam!

Stainz

HoraceHogsnort

You bought it because to finance a trip to the range with your forty caliber guns you had to stop by the bank and take out a "loan" and the fuzz had you in their sights!!