I Shoot a 9000

NeverAgain26

Works perfectly and is accurate as anything I have ever shot (once you learn the gun).

Feels great and looks sweet. Easy as anything to clean and is a perfect carry size. Price tag is right.

Could I ask for more?

NA26

otomik

I could ask for a grip with a place for my pinky and it's kind of chubby for a carry gun (maybe your refering to it's weight when you call it good for carry).

The looks are more subjective, if you think it looks great then I can't argue with your gut feeling. The long trigger pull is also something some people prefer in a carry gun.

Mike H

A slide that it's actually possible to grip would be nice too.

You may be the first and only customer in the USA, you should keep it unfired, in 50 years it'll be worth something, as for right NOW though, hmmmm...........

Mike H

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
A slide that it's actually possible to grip would be nice too.

That's my only major beef with it thus far.

(...and I know someone else who bought one, so go 'head and shoot yours; it's not the only one in circulation. ;) )

thull

I know of a PD in NJ whose detectives use them and like them a lot. Mine (in .40) has a serial # over 8K. So, yes people are buying them and liking them.

The safety does loosen up with use. I've also read where someone switched out the mainspring for one from a Sig 232 to reduce the DA pull. May try that myself. And racking it with the relatively small area of slide serrations is something anyone (except those w/ zero grip strength) can adjust to.

I admit that I'm spoiled by my 92FS. It's easy to shoot and has light recoil. I've found that I have to pay a lot more attention when shooting the 9000 to be anywhere near as accurate. That's the price I'm paying for the shorter barrel and bigger caliber combination. The 9mm version is probably a lot tamer to shoot.

For more info from folks who have them read through the archives at http://www.berettaforum.net

xcop

spring change out........

I am the one who posted about the 9000s spring swap. I took a Wolff 16 lb hammerspring for a Sig 230 and swapped it out for the stock Beretta hammer spring. Many hundreds of rounds later no failure to fire.............no second strikes required. I have only used factory ammo...Federal, CCI and Pmc. Trigger is real smooth now. I told Wolff what I did , so they may now be selling that as a 9000s kit. The Sig spring comes in 16,17 and 18 lb wts. 16 lb Wolff springs are what work in my 3 Beretta 92's and my one 96. You only need a punch and a hammer and less than 5 minutes..