I see a pattern..... I need advice!

Any .45

I am starting to see a pattern with in me. At first I use to have a bad taste in my mouth when ever I even talked about owning an AK-47, great rifle, but just not for me. Well I broke down and bought one like a month or so ago, I really like the rifle, not as much as my ARs but just enough. Now I had an even worse dislike of the .40 cal. to much snap in the recoil, ammo was just as expensive as the .45, I found everything negative about the round for me, but for others it was a good round. The feebs use it and leo and so on and so on, just not for me. Well I broke down and purchased a G27 with less than 100 rounds through it, 3 mags, and 100 rounds of defense ammo all for $400.00. I think the price is was got me. Been contemplating trading it or reselling it. Where I need help is should I keep it or do as planned, someone convince me to keep it or get rid of it. Because if this keeps up, I will end up buying a Japanese truck soon just because I despise them, even though they are great trucks, lots of power, good ride, reliable, just not for me I'm a Chevy man! uh oh, not good.:mad:

Chesster

I have found if it is a reliable firearm, I tend to like it. I have several Beretta 950s in .25 ACP. I don't carry a .25 but love to shoot these little reliable b*****ds.

gruntrus

Wow, until I read your sig line I never realized how similar foe and focus were in structure.

Which is the G27? Is that the semi-compact or is it a full size? Yeah, it's strange how polarities swap around our perspective and can turn from abhorance to attraction. I felt the same way about the AKs, then found one at a garage sale for cheap. Shot it. Enjoyed it. Just passed it on yesterday to a new owner. You got a hell of a deal on the 27+ammo, either way. Congrats. You have a focus of good karma. Don't ruin it with a Tundra pick up. :D :eek:

creedekid

I carry a Glock 27, but not stock. I can't stand the short grip and the Pierce finger extension just doesn't help it. I carry mine with a Model 23 mag equipped with a mag sleeve. This gives me a compact package with more firepower. If I am not carrying my Kimber, I carry the Glock.

Any .45

Gruntus, the G27 is the sub Compact in .40, The toyota thing was a joke I don't think I would go that far, my soul would rot in hell for it.

I think I'm going to give the G27 a try. Why not, The Dalai Lama, says "The things you dislike most in life, will end up being the things in your life". I guess all I can do it shoot it carry and wait to see how I end up liking it. If worse come to worse, we'll see a WTT G27 for something else someday soon from me. I'll hold on to it for 3 months, then I will figure out what I will do.

63Belair

From one chevy guy to another, stay with the chevy!

I'd also suggest staying with the glock, as has already been suggested. Put some rounds through it, maybe it will grow on. If it doesn't, after a good amount of time and trips to the range, trade or sell it for something else. With the way gun prices have been going, you shouldn't have any trouble getting back what you put in, or at least darn close.

Tom2

I don't see any point in buying crap you know you won't like as you will end up trading it in and losing money to prove to yourself that you don't like it. I gave .40 cal a try in a DAO pistol. Before that I did not think I really was interested in that so much but the curiosity overcame that. Then I sorta proved to myself that I did not like the .40 and the DAO autopistol concept and traded it all in, maybe broke even, probably not. Was curious about the AK platform. Until you get one of those cheap stamped sheetmetal thingees in your hands you cannot appreciate how cheap a shootable gun can be made. Or crudely. Don't listen to other peoples opinions and make the same mistake twice. Maybe resist making the same mistake once, if you sorta got the feeling it ain't for you. Or at least try someone elses out and rethink it carefully. Most of us don't have money to burn right now. I think your pattern is self defeat. Why don't you condense that Japanese poem, so your posts are not so huge? To something like "Get your **** together, get ready, then kick some A**!"

bigghoss

trade the 27 for a 26 and stay away from the 'yota dealerships. I have a 26 and love it. and I also have an '84 chevy K5 and love it too!

Last edited:

Any .45

Tom, your are right but the AK I purchased actually made a semi believer, I have an a Hungarian FEG AMD 65 and I really like, I have shot the G27 and its not a bad gun, but I never thought of owning one. We will see, how it goes.
As for the Chevy yeah, no yota, " my life in time any soon".:D.

So as for the rest I think I will break more than even if I decide to sell or trade the glock in the future the way people are buying things up around my area, and the price gauging from the stores. I will get my money back and some extra play money for a future investment, but as said " We shall see".
Thanks for all the advice, will apreciate some more input such as carry methods, ammo, barrel with comps, etc.

curt.45

keep the glock and use it as a truck gun (a Chevy Truck Gun)

<<Chevy truck guy

still own the '87 I bought new in '87 with 108,000 miles

and I hated glocks for a long time too.

G-man 26

27/6ish

quote:
"trade the 27 for a 26..."

Great advice, better advice is to get yourself a 9mm conversion. Then you can slip into the dark side (.40) once in a while. That gun in 9mm is GREAT!

And oh yeah, I vote the chevy as well. lol.

Any .45

I was actually thinking of trying one of the KKM barrels with an external comp. on it. Does anyone have experience with this, will it adversly affect the performance of the gun?