I really want a pocket model

deerslayer303

I've got it down to 2 candidates.
This one
http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_92_187_189&products_id=13613
And this one.
http://www.cimarron-firearms.com/pe...et-model-36-cal-4-1-2-in-model-ca072-cim.html

The 1862 definitely has the caliber advantage. But I think it may be a little bigger in scale. Its hard to tell from the picture. But it also may be more accurate. I can't find a review on the '62 police 4.5" barrel version. I may just put in an order for one of these before I order a '51.

Whattaya think? And don't say buy both :D, I can only feed my addiction in small doses.

TomADC

I'd go with the 1862, that is just plain sweet, I have a ASM brass frame like 1862 , it just plain feels good.

woodnbow

Nother vote for the '62, it has a classic look that the remingtons don't. Beautiful!

Get the remington later...

Logan5579

The 1863 Remington really is pocket sized as you can see below, have got some roundball on order and will be shootin the little guy as soon as they show up. I wasn't looking for one but I got this at a price I just couldn't pass up. The 62 has to be bigger than the Remmy and 36 roundball is probably more readily available. They are both cool looking guns.

I know I'm not helping...:p

2013-02-15144352_zpsa7665ec3.jpg
[/IMG]

10851Man

No Remingtons....

I have one, a .44 which is a great shooter, over 2,000 rounds fired, but ugly as sin.

My vote is for the 1862...

My 'Non-Historic" Pietta 1862 Police .36 is far more inherently accurate than the Remington, especially point-shooting...FWIW

Beagle333

ca072-policepocket-4.jpg

Go with the '62. :) Just look at those sexy warm lines as it transitions from frame to barrel. Feel the smooth curves in your mind and imagine the perfect balance when you aim it at something as it practically marries itself to your hand and becomes an extension of your arm and eye at the same time. Savor the easy glide of the creeping loading lever as it firmly and positively seats your selected ball on the powder and then returning to it's perfect position of readiness along the beautiful smooth barrel as it patiently, but lovingly, awaits the next charge. It looks at you and literally begs you to fire it and reload it, much in the same way your longtime faithful companion looks at you longingly with those big brown eyes and begs you to throw the stick again. C'mon, you know you want to.... ;)

deerslayer303

:D:cool: Yep folks thats why we call him, OUR RESIDENT 1860 Promoter!! :) Ok I milled it over. The 1862 Pocket Police it is!! The reason is, ever since I got the 1860 from Tom, I can't put it down. I never knew what you open top guys were talking about but now I do, the thing just feels right as Beagle says. Don't get me wrong I still like my Remmie and she won't get the cold shoulder. But now I gotta figure what barrel length I want. Whattaya'll think????<<<<<<<you know you love that country boy grammar :D

deerslayer303

Did COLT, actually offer the '62 Police in the 3 different barrel lengths as Uberti is producing the reproductions in today? All I can find is old Cold Advertisements stating the 5.5" barrel length.
*edit* never mind I found it, Colt even offered a 3.5" barrel.

deerslayer303

Come on big brown truck!!

I am anxiously awaiting my brandy new Uberti 1862 Police. I ordered the 5.5" barrel model from Dixie. Well thats the only one they have in stock. Gosh I'm stoked. Now I have Big Bubba and Little Brother. :D These open tops sure are a SWEET piece of Iron! Now I'm off round ball mold shoppin!! ;)

OEF-Vet

The 1863 Remington really is pocket sized as you can see below, have got some roundball on order and will be shootin the little guy as soon as they show up. I wasn't looking for one but I got this at a price I just couldn't pass up. The 62 has to be bigger than the Remmy and 36 roundball is probably more readily available. They are both cool looking guns.

I know I'm not helping...:p

2013-02-15144352_zpsa7665ec3.jpg
[/IMG]

Logan, what did you end up deciding on the loading rod,new or repair?

Logan5579

I was gonna check into fixing the original next week, but my buddy deerslayer303 worked out a trade with me and the little remmy is on its way to him as we speak. He said he talked to a guy that thought he could TIG weld the break.

Gaucho Gringo

I have an 1862 that has had the barrel cut off, all it has is 2 1\2 inches from the front of the cylinder to the business end. I did not do this, I bought it like this. Makes a good belly gun due to it being .36 caliber but I am still looking for an original length barrel for it. I wish someone would make a cartridge conversion cylinder for it as they were converted back in the 1870's. I have a conversion cylinder for my 1849 baby dragoon in .32 S&W short which shoots good with it.

deerslayer303

The Big Brown Truck Came Today!!

I got my 1862 Police in today!!:D Man that thing is just pure sexiness!! The timing is right on the money, the action feels really good too. And the fit in finish is just plain Beautiful. Its small but I like it alot. I may need a 4.5" version REAL SOON HEHEHE! The lighting does nothing for it in these pics. Uberti has some real pretty CCH on their models. I don't know if its real case hardening or not but its pretty none the less. And Dixie Gun Works DOES NOT play around, they ship fast.
004-2_zps99023127.jpg

003-2_zpsd64d0be2.jpg

And here she is next to her big brother.
005-2_zps9dd718cf.jpg