I picked up my Boar Mount today! Pics

nocturnal

Hey everyone...

As we all know, sometime the hardest part of hunting is waiting.
Life has a way of spinning faster than we might want it to and Chris Fortner, my Taxidermist, gave me a text a few weeks ago saying that he was about to start work on my mount!
Well after that message, time grew quite still!

So what did I do? I planned a trip to go down to GA to visit my friends and pick up my mount. Needless to say, Chris Fortner has had my GA business and will continue to get my business across state lines (I live in NC)

Let me preface a bit by saying that I cannot really say enough good things about Chris Fortner...both as a person and a worker. He is a good honest, stand-up guy and is very knowledgeable about his craft and hunting in general. Every time we meet for business, we end up talking and having a good time of it.
Chris will take the time to talk to you about what mount options are available and what will look the best. He is very good about staying in touch with you throughout the taxidermy process and he will send pictures as the steps draw towards a final product. The transformation pictures really add a lot to the experience.

He is an artist in every sense of the word, He has taken unfrozen, neglected, and sabotaged cases of mine and my brother's and transformed them into show-worthy trophies.
And of course he does great work on properly cared for animals too!

So...I know why you all are tuning in...Pictures!
Here ya go!

Needless to say, Chris had his work cut out for him with this particular mount. The folks who "caped" my boar did a horrible job and wanted to compete for my business so badly that when I declined to have them mount my boar, they split the hide down the spine all the way to the back of the skull.
I claim no taxidermy knowledge, so I blissfully took the mount to Chris however; he fixed it!

He definitely had his work cut out for him...quite literally

BIG P

Pretty good hog & a fine job killing him,Now if you get a chance to come back to GA. If you don't mind take about 100 more. SO. GA is eat up with them.:D

Old Stony

I always wondered what ever became of that ex-wife of mine, and now I know. I never saw her eat any raccoons when she was around me, but she could sure chew some butt when the mood struck her. You must have had quite a job on your hands and they just don't make them as mean as her anymore.
On the good side, it looks like she had gotten herself a good dental plan.

Last edited:

nocturnal

Wow, you guys have me crackin' up!

I tell you, sometimes those women folk will go all crazy and start migrating to the swamps in herds.

Don't have pigs where I reside. If they all look as mean as this fellow appears. No doubt I'd have one or two hanging on my wall. Your taxidermist did a great job. It's amazing what a {good} taxidermist can do with someones trophy. Thanks for sharing the photo.

S/S