Votes: 19 76.0%
  • I don't like it!

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It is okay.

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters

USMCsilver

stencil.jpg

I did my letters on my AR in red for fire and white for safe (like H&K) and I highlighted my G23's letters with a dull silver. I think it looks great!

I also did my brand new FAL, but the grooves aren't as deep so I need to touch it up. I did red-fire, white-safe, and yellow-auto. It looks okay, but it is not post worthy.

For those of you wondering about the AR red/white deal -- well, I have taken a few people shooting and it seems like they never know safe from fire. Now it will at least stand out.

El Rojo

I think that looks pretty nice. I don't know if it is the picture or not, but the red fire looks sort of blurred. The white SAFE stands out real well and I like that HK look. Well done.

The Glock looks nice too. Gives me something to think about.

yankytrash

Alright, no more secrets! What'd you use to paint it with?! Do you think it'll hold up to solvents?

Looks great. Is it crisp looking up close?

Apeach

I really like it on the AR. On a standard AR, the markings are hard to see, being the same color as the background ( a big art no-no ), but it seems you've fixed all that. Only comment is that maybe it'd be better to use the silver color that you used on the Glock for the safe setting on the AR

KPS

Looks great!When are ya gonna tell us the secret?I'd also like to know how it holds up to cleaning solvents.

Redlg155

I'll let the cat outta the bag later. I gotta go shoot!

Hmmm..I was thinking of doing the same thing. I guessing I'll go to Michaels and get one of those "Oil Pastels" crayons made by LOEW CORNELL and fill it in. Then I was thinking of using GOO OFF(from Wal-Mart) to remove the overcoloring and after that, using a few light strokes over the area and then press on the letters to pull out the extra.

Sorry for letting the cat out before you did.. :p

Dang thing wouldn't quit meowing!:D

Good Shooting
RED

USMCsilver

Redleg155 -- Hmmm..I was thinking of doing the same thing. I guessing I'll go to Michaels and get one of those "Oil Pastels" crayons made by LOEW CORNELL and fill it in. Then I was thinking of using GOO OFF(from Wal-Mart) to remove the overcoloring and after that, using a few light strokes over the area and then press on the letters to pull out the extra.

Well, I'll give it to you...you sure know how to cut and paste.

For those wondering, Mr. Red copied that from another site at which I posted. Anyhow, that is about how I did it. I have done my 2 ARs, FAL, Glock, Taurus, 10/22, 870, and Tec-9 and all look great.

Clean the area with your wife's finger nail polish remover and then go to town with the crayon type things. Just clean up the extra with light strokes and then just press on the stenciling with a dry paper towel to pick up any excess paint.

It may take a try or two, but after you get the hang of it, you can let it roll! I did 8 guns in just over 1hr.

Enjoy! And make sure your weapon is empty before messing with it!!! :D

Redlg155

I'm thinking of doing my AR and Glock the same way. Just curious...does it dry hard or does it stay semi soft?

I'm thinking of doing that right after hunting season when I repair all the dings and scratches on my AR. Now I gotta figure out a good way to get pine sap off my AR stock..:mad:

Well, I'll give it to you...you sure know how to cut and paste.
Funny..that's what my third grade art teacher told me!:D

Anyway..I hoping ya didn't mind! The pics look great!

Good Shooting
RED

USMCsilver

About drying hard/soft, I'm not too sure. I mean, I am sure that if I dug a toothpick into it, I could scrape some out, but it would indeed stay on just the surface itself.

As far as minding the cut and paste -- no problem at all.