I need some help with a rebuttal

Libertarian

Would someone please tell me:

When the organized militia was established? (US Code Title 10 Chapter 13 Section 311. I can not find a start date for it.)

What is the difference, legally, between the organized and unorganized militias?

Was the National guard ever considered the militia? (I know this is a no but there is a lot of law out there.)

jimpeel

It is the Militia Act of 1792.

There was no organized militia until 1903.

Here's what the Army has to say on the subject: "The Dick Act of 1903 revised the militia act of 1792 and separated the militia into 2 classes, the Organized Militia to be known as the National Guard and the reserve militia." (Ref American Military History c1973 Office of the Chief of Military History, U.S. Army, Washington, DC Pg. 351)

------------------
Gun Control: The proposition that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own panty hose, is more acceptable than allowing that same woman to defend herself with a firearm.

jimpeel

I believe it was to merely codify that which was already covered in the Second Amendment and establish guidelines as to age, etc.

Politicians love to expound.

------------------
Gun Control: The proposition that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own panty hose, is more acceptable than allowing that same woman to defend herself with a firearm.