I need opinions

ADIDAS69

It's the internet so hopefully you all have some.

I am finally loading 50 BMG with brass projectiles. so i am going to waste the money on an electronic powder dispenser. I need suggestions. There aren't enough on the market to depend on price and brand name alone. ANY advice is welcome other than "don't waste the money"

That'll Do

I recently purchased the RCBS Chargemaster, and I love it. It is fast and accurate, and also easy to use.

Some features I like about the Chargemaster is that it is easy to drain the powder (there's a powder drain on the side of the unit), you don't have to calibrate the unit for different types of powder, just calibrate the scale and you're ready to go. You can also story pre-set charges weights in the unit, although I haven't done that yet.

Overall, from the reviews I've read online, the RCBS is the way to go.

This review from 6mmbr.com is worth reading: http://www.6mmbr.com/catalog/item/1433308/1266096.htm

It may be the most expensive unit, but it is money well spent.

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
I have an RCBS 1500 and I love it.

I have read that it's the only auto-dispenser made with automatic speed adjustments. The others all have different speeds but if it's on high, it's on high. The RCBS starts out fast and slows as it approaches the desired charge. It also seems to "learn" how the powder behaves and adjusts the speed changes accordingly.

I'm not POSITIVE that the RCBS is the only one that does this but no one has told me different yet and I've read it in more than one place. I've never used any of the other brands.

That'll Do

Just a clarification, the "technical" name of the RCBS unit is the "Chargemaster Combo" (according to RCBS's website), but you'll see it referred to as simply the "Chargemaster" or the "1500".

ADIDAS69

Thanks

i was leaning in the direction of the RCBS but the hornady was a touch cheaper. But MidWayUSA has a rebate going on the RCBS. There will now be remarkably accurate 50BMG cartridges.