I need links to super 1911 smiths please

Wulfmann

My Armorer friend has tried to fix this S70 Gold Cup Colt (Belongs to an LEO friend and I was going to buy it)but every time he gets a sear in it turns out to be a regular 1911 sear and the Gold Cup is unique and sadly no longer made by Colt.
We have changed every other part and spring, trigger etc etc.
Everyone is fed up and in spite of your intended good intentions we are not going to try your new "try this it worked on Bill's GC" so what my LEO friend wants is links to the super smiths so he can send it and tell them to fix it and be done with it.
My request is for links to these 1911 smiths please no well intended suggestions as we are not going to do anything but ship this to someone. Any suggestion will never get to my friend only who to send this to.

Thanks,

Wulfmann

88KEYS

1911 Work

I would strongly recommend Gus Norcross; he has worked on several of my guns and built my custom M1A, which is nothing less than a tack driver. He works mostly on Military style guns including 1911s.

http://www.angusarms.com/

41mag10mm

I believe he's no longer with us...

As in deceased? :eek:

If so I was not aware. I used to live no more than 10 miles from him in Ft. Bend Co. He did work on my Colt and rechambered a rifle for me about 15 years ago. Super nice guy and very reasonable.