I need Laser Grips!

jhampton

I have recently purchased a Kahr P-40 for concealed carry. I am looking for some info about laser grips for it. I have contacted Kahr Arms, and Laser Max with no avail. I sent it back to the manufacturer and had them put the "Big Dot Tritium" sights on. It is very nice. But I want to find some laser grips. Any info will be much appreciated. :confused:

Attachments

• mdtl_kbdts3.jpg
    mdtl_kbdts3.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 31

RHC

See if you can find a handgun with the grips on to try before you buy. Some people like them, some people think they ruin your training to look at the front site.

jhampton

Thanks RHC. I mostly want the thicker grips. The laser would be a nice plus. I understand your point about becoming lazy and not using the front sight. I can imagine it would be easy to get used to it. The P-40 is specifically designed for personal protection and concealed carry. Therefore, it is slim with a single stacked clip. After firing a few hundred rounds my hands begins to hurt. (I like to shoot a lot!) This pistol has more recoil than any of my 45's!

I have contacted Kahr a few times and many people have requested the same grips. They said it is being discussed with Laser Max and Crimson trace. But who knows how long that will take to work out. :eek:

C.R.Sam

Can't think of the Brand name but there is an aftermarket slip over grip that thickens the grips and adds a little cush. Very inexpensive. Might give that a try.

Sam

MilesTeg

Hogue makes a slip cover that will fit over the grips. I have it on my P9. Since the P series use polymer for the whole grip, I don't think Crimson Trace will be able to help. Lasermax would work by replacing the recoil rod but there are no grip panels to remove for the CTC's.