i need glock trigger help

towncarblue

i got a glock 19 and im looking to lighten the trigger pull.
i found this:::: Complete Stock Competition Trigger Package at
http://glockmeister.com/product_info.php?cPath=14_68&products_id=203

ive also read of the ghost 3.5 lb trigger , glock made 3.5lb trigger ,
Glockworx Fulcrum Trigger with Trigger Bar[expensive] and a few other ones

im kinda confused of what to get for my glock. what is the best one to buy?
is there any difference?
i like this setup ::::Glock 3.5 Pound Connector and Glockmeister Heavy Trigger Spring (GHTS) but the website does not specify which heavy trigger lb they used [glockmeister.com]
post advice :confused:

JohnKSa

Administrator
The heavier trigger spring will lighten the trigger a good bit, particularly during takeup. The lighter connector doesn't change takeup at all but will make the break lighter. It will also tend to make the break "mushier". Some folks don't really notice the "mushy" or don't have a problem with it.

There are some aftermarket parts that are designed to reduce trigger overtravel too.

I'd say a good place to start playing is with a 3.5lb connector and a heavier than normal trigger spring. I haven't seen a lot of different flavors in terms of trigger spring weight so you may just have to take what you can get.

Alleykat

If you'll try the Lonewolf 3.5# connector, Ghost Ultimate, or Scherer connectors, you won't notice as much "mushy" as with the Glock factory 3.5# connector. I don't use the heavier trigger spring, but do polish all contact surfaces in the firing mechanism. I use aftermarket 3.5# connectors in all my Glocks, including my daily carry G26. And no, there is no legal problem with using a modified weapon in a legitimate case of s.d.

rsxr22

i have the glockworx drop in. It didnt do much. The fulcrum trigger will indeed lower the trigger pull though. A glock trigger is very tricky! Installing a 3.5 connector w/ ny trigger spring will make reset better and polishing the firing pin and replacing the firing pin spring will shorten reset

towncarblue

" reduce trigger overtravel "
what aftermarket parts do i need to reduce trigger overtravel?:confused:
is the Glockmeister 3.5lb Connector as good as the other ones [ ghost , lonewolf etc..]?
where is the best place online to buy these parts ?

i decided to buy a trigger kit from Glockmeister, it consists of ::
Glockmeister custom competition trigger spring, NY trigger spring, a NY Extra trigger spring and a stock coil trigger spring
http://glockmeister.com/product_info.php?products_id=235{34}202
and Glockmeister Extra Power/reduced power Firing Pin Springs to see which i like better.

im almost ready to order but i need the parts to reduce trigger travel :rolleyes: sall i found so far is the "The Ultimate Trigger Stop " from glockstore.com
http://glockstore.com/pgroup_descri...umbs=&filter_1=&filter_2=&filter_3=&filter_4=
and
ZEV Tech Custom Trigger Housing w/ Ejector & Overtravel Stop

Last edited:

JohnKSa

Administrator
The Ghost Rocket is designed to cut down on overtravel. I haven't used it so I'm not giving advice or a recommendation, just providing facts. ;)

towncarblue

after doing some research i decided to just get this setup
LWD Trigger Stop
LWD 3.5 Connector
Wolfe 4lb Striker Spring
Wolfe 6lb Trigger Spring

alot of good reviews from this setup so im gonna try it :D

towncarblue

i dont know how to use the trigger stop.
i just went and kept turning the screw until it stopped the metal piece from moving.
what did i do?

JohnKSa

Administrator
It should have come with instructions. If not, you can probably contact LWD for help or perhaps post something on GlockTalk asking for help.

vox rationis

I've tried the 3.5 connectors from LW, Glock and Scherer, and to me the LW felt the lightest but the mushiest so go figure. The Glock one was the crispest. I've coupled it with a NY-1 trigger spring but with the spring portion removed. I've also done the 0.25$ polish job on a couple of Glocks. The results have been pretty good in smoothing out the trigger feel, especially the initial take up portion during which the firing pin safety is deactivated.

Powderman

polishing the firing pin and replacing the firing pin spring will shorten reset

DO NOT polish, play with, or alter the Glock firing pin. Period.

As a matter of fact, you are on the right track. You can get what you want by replacing connector and springs.

Here's a suggestion that may prove somewhat controversial: Use a 4 lb connector (Glock works has them) and get yourself a NY #1 trigger module.

The NY trigger modules alter the internal geometry and relationship of the trigger linkage. You now have a spring pushing straight up on the back of the cruciform, instead of applying pressure at an angle. The result?

A silky-smooth trigger pull and a clean break, with a lightning-fast reset.

Try it out!

towncarblue

i went to the firing range today 9/28/09 and i ended up with a messed up glock

when i fired the glock the slide would stay open as if the magazine was empty, this would happen at random and often. i fired about 150 rounds.
im gonna remove the trigger stop and install the old one to see if that was the problem

JohnKSa

Administrator
I don't see how any trigger modifications could cause that sort of malfunction. It sounds as though your thumb is bumping the slide stop occasionally and locking the magazine open.

Had you shot the pistol before making all your mods?

Uncle Malice

I've got the standard Ghost 3.5 connector in my G23 and the Ghost Ultimate 3.5 in my G26. The standard is just a hair mushy on the reset. The Ghost Ultimate seems to be slightly softer and much more crisp with a higher polish. It was twice the price, but I think it feels better. I will probably put one in the G23 as well and sell the standard to a friend.

Ghost 3.5 Ultimate:
ghost_ultimate_connector_thumbnail.jpg

Ghost 3.5 Standard
ghost.jpg