I need a quotation

Or two.

I'm looking for one or two short quotations that could be applied to a book about .22 Rimfire ammunition. Ideally I'd like a quotation or two by someone well-known (doesn't have to be a famous gunslinger), but the most important aspect is that I need something extolling the virtues and widespread appeal of .22 Rimfire.

What'cha got?

P.S. This will be used in a book, so I'll need citations to the source.

TIA

akinswi

Or two.

I'm looking for one or two short quotations that could be applied to a book about .22 Rimfire ammunition. Ideally I'd like a quotation or two by someone well-known (doesn't have to be a famous gunslinger), but the most important aspect is that I need something extolling the virtues and widespread appeal of .22 Rimfire.

What'cha got?

P.S. This will be used in a book, so I'll need citations to the source.

TIA
I was just reading Hatchers Note Book and he made a reference about 22LR in Machine guns specifically for training purposes. I left the dang book at work If I find ill send you his notes

FITASC

How about Hemingway?
Here are two:
Hemingway on Hunting Quotes

Hemingway on Hunting Quotes Showing 1-2 of 2

“Now standing in one corner of a boxing ring with a .22 caliber Colt automatic pistol, shooting a bullet weighing only 40 grains and with a striking energy of 51 foot pounds at 25 feet from the muzzle, I will guarantee to kill either Gene Tunney or Joe Louis before they get to me from the opposite corner. This is the smallest caliber pistol cartridge made; but it is also one of the most accurate and easy to hit with, since the pistol has no recoil. I have killed many horses with it, cripples and bear baits, with a single shot, and what will kill a horse will kill a man. I have hit six dueling silhouettes in the head with it at regulation distance in five seconds. It was this type of pistol that Millen boys’ colleague, Abe Faber, did all his killings with. Yet this same pistol bullet fired at point blank range will not dent a grizzly’s skull, and to shoot a grizzly with a .22 caliber pistol would simply be one way of committing suicide”
― Ernest Hemingway, Hemingway on Hunting
tags: bullets, firearms, pistols, shooting
5 likes
“The rifle and the pistol are still the equalizer when one man is more of a man than another, and if…he is really smart…he will get a permit to carry one and then drop around to Abercrombie and Fitch and buy himself a .22 caliber Colt automatic pistol, '''Woodsman model''', with a five-inch barrel and a box of shells. I advise him to get lubricated hollow points to avoid jams and to ensure a nice expansion on the bullet. He might even get several boxes and practice a little…”
― Ernest Hemingway, Hemingway on Hunting

https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/8241-hemingway-on-hunting

44 AMP

Staff
I can't remember exactly, but I'd think something from Bob Milek who covered .22s for decades in Guns & Ammo, would probably fit your needs.

Of course, exactly what, and finding it, is your problem. :D