I need a new scope for my .454 Taurus Raging Bull.

Capt Rick Hiott

I have the Bushnell Elite on it now, but want something better. Ive had the Nikon, don't like it. Im thinking Leupold.....

Are there any high end scopes for handguns that I don't know about

Gdawgs

I have the same scope on my 460. I paid a little over $100 used. The Leupolds have a lifetime warranty even if you aren't the original owner. Tough to go wrong with them.

The only thing I'd go with on a high recoil revolver is Leupold or Burris. They'll chew through just about anything else eventually.

22-rimfire

Some like the variable on handguns. Maybe you have experience with higher magnifications with handguns. It also depends on how you hunt. I hunt in the woods and I was mostly looking for simple but more defined aiming point with a scope versus ....it's sort of on the bull, I think, with open sights. Not an expert on this choice. But I would stay at the low magnifications.

Capt Rick Hiott

Yeah, Ill stretch it out there with my .454. Longest kill shot so far is 100 yards.
Im wanting to go farther.

I like the larger field of view you get with the 32mm scopes too.

buck460XVR

While I like variables on rifles, for handguns I've found that with the variables for handguns, eye relief will change or be reduced at higher powers. Anything under 18'' of eye relief does not work for me.