I need a good scope.

1BadF350

Ok I know we've been over this before but I need a scope that can handle the recoil from a .300winmag. More eye relief the better. Good out to 300 yards. $500 price limit.

bill k

I have a sightron SII 6x24 on my 300 ultra mag. Optics are clear at all power settings, the scope gathers light at dawn and dusk very well, and is in the price range you mentioned. They are also on sale this week at midway usa. I shoot mine from 100 to 500 yards without any problem.

Prof

Bad: Here's a good place to do your research. They carry most scope lines and have pictures of scopes and the reticles that are available (like mildot or duplex). www.riflescopes.com Their prices are competitive, too.

Spencer

My Burris Fullfield II seems to handle my 300 RUM pretty well. I have put about 50 rounds through it & all is good. Burris is currently offering a free spotting scope with many of their Fullfield scopes. I picked up the 4.5x14x40 w/ a nice spotting scope for about $320. So far I can't say anything bad about the scope; it even has an european eye piece. The retailer that Prof posted has the deal on their homepage.

carolinaflats

I would recommend a Zeiss Conquest 3.5-10x44 or 50mm. Crystal clear optics and good lowlight performance. You can find one for right at $500 if you look around a bit. It should handle the recoil fine, but if any problems arise the unlimited lifetime transferable warranty is great to have and comes will all Zeiss scopes. Good luck!

C1PNR

Great Scope

The Leupold 2.5 - 8 or 3.5 - 10 Vari-X III (or whatever the current equivalent) will hold up just fine on your .300 Win Mag. Just can not go wrong with a Leupold, and the price is in your range.

No flies on the Burris, either, and IF you can get the Zeiss within your price range, I probably would buy 2 of them! :D