I need a CHING SLING........

Will Fennell

I have one "Ching Sling" from GALCO, and I'm very pleased with it. I just set up a new rifle, and I installed 3 sling studs so as the use the Ching Sling installed on this M70. I'll buy another one from GALCO if need be, but I thought I would ask here and see if ya'll know of anyone else making Ching Slings before I spend $$$$ with GALCO?

Is there anything else out there I need to know about?

AK103K

Make your own! I used my Galco Ching sling as a pattern for my homemade ones. They came out pretty good if I do say so myself. After paying $50 for the Galco, I knew I was going to be in trouble if I wanted one for each rifle. I got the leather and little brass and chrome fasteners from a supply house off the web for pretty cheap. You can get belt strap in different widths and lengths. I made them up in 1" and 1.25". The hardest part was the slider loop for the short piece. I got a couple of chain links at the hardware store and after a little filing and some cold blue I was set. It wasnt hard at all and was actually a fun project. If I can get my camera to work, I'll post a pic.

AK103K

Sorry, my camera pretty much sucks.

ViewImage.dll

ViewImage.dll

Will Fennell

Thanks Gizmo!

I read your reply, went to the site, got his phone number, and just got off the phone with Andy! He is cutting my custom lenght sling now, and will have it in the mail this afternoon! Looks like great service so far......and very willing to make the sling up however I want.

This M70/.300winmag project is coming together nicely!

Mannlicher

the Nylon Ching from Wilderness is as expensive as the leather one from Galco. There has got to be a cheaper way to do this. A sling is just not worth that much to me.

RTownsend

You could build your own with strapping and plastic strap connectors from your local hardward store and a good sewing machine. My most valued strap is one my Dad made me with materials that cost less than 4 dollars.

Ayteeone

I've made three to date, the last one from leather and the first two from nylon straps. If you have a Leather Factory nearby, or just some place that sells tack, the same sliders used for saddle and bridal straps work just fine.

The leather version took about an hour, and cost me $21, $14 of which was for the stainless swivels. It was patterned after a nylon version made for that same rifle at a total cost of about 50 cents. The swivels were robbed from other slings in my junk box, and the slider was modified from a retired alice harness. My lovely wife set up her sewing machine and a half hour later the rifle was properly dressed and ready to go.