I miss poster "Clark"

Sevens

If you've been here at TFL and active in this part of the forum, we had a guy that posted somewhat regularly by the name of "clark" and he was a handloader and experimenter.

What he seemed to do most often was to take old beater guns... and handload rounds for them that, when you first saw what he reported, just seemed ludicrous to the point where you wondered if he might be making it up.

He would take a very old handgun, handload something at nearly twice a published charge weight and then weld and repair the gun if he could (typically a forcing cone) and he would report velocity returns and describe extraction/ejection and he would report at which point the cartridge brass would fail, etc.

If you had never seen his posts before, you might just assume he was either a crackpot or simply lying for shock value and I think he was miles from either. He was doing (somewhat unpopular) scientific experiments and I found most of them wildly interesting.

TFL is pretty quiet and low traffic these days. Does anyone know if clark is still actively posting elsewhere now?

Yes. People get bored with repetition in one forum or another or get disenchanted with one of the rules or another and just move on.

Clark's an engineer and he was paid to do destructive testing of guns, IIRC. He must have a good rock quarry or other location where he can do it.