I`m Sick Fellers , Need Help !!!

GP100man

Here I am happy with most of my revolver molds (just 1 I`m waitin on a group buy rerun).

Got a couple of rifle molds & got em castin good ( a lee 309 150gr. & a brand new Lyman 314299 200gr ) & got a good supply laid up .

Workin on loads for the 30-30 , 30-06 & 1 of my Mosins , some I have`nt shot yet !!!

Cruisin the forums & find a 311413 IDEAL non vented DC mold , the person had 2 of em !!!! what was I supposed to do ?????

I broke out the stach money for the NOE mold & SPFed 1 of em !!!! what ya think I done !!!

Some are wrinkled & some have holes in the base ,but I got the hang of that mold before I quit !! NON VENTED MOLDS ARE DIFFERENT !!!!!

They drop at .313" with my alloy 50/50 iso/WW with 2oz babbit.

I did`nt weigh em but should be close to 165gr. :D

102_0324.jpg

Last edited:

reloader28

Looks like fun to me, no matter how they shoot. I always throw back the wrinkled and hollow bases myself, but they will still go down the barrel anyway.:D

GP100man

I did ,culled em before the pot kooled off.

A little wrinkle on the nose is ok but not on the bands, the holes in the base would probably weigh in the 3% rule & shoot fine after the GC went on !

But I was just seein what they looked like & checkin dia., out of the bunch I had 30 keepers & that`s enuff to try for now :D

Why did you want a non-vented mold? I owned one non-vented mold and ended up using a scribe to put vent lines on it (this was an aluminum mold). I found with the non-vented mold if I ran it HOT it cast better...keyword "better". Good lookin' boolit though. Hope she shoots well for ya!