I luv my Hi-Point 4095TS carbine

Oysterboy

Boy, were they hard to find. I decided I'll go ahead and join the Hi-Point forum and learn more about it. I'm gonna get one sooner or later. I took a look in their for sale threads and a member posted about a sale at a site just a few days before.

Dare I look and be disappointed? I shrugged and clicked on it. Sure enough it's in stock and not overpriced like some bozo etailers (why they still have it) and I ordered the 4095TS. Turned out it was the last one.

Can I say WHEW! :D

It came in last Friday and my FFL (local range) couldn't get me cleared so I had to wait. Yesterday they called and said come get it. :)

I shot 70 rounds of mixed ammo and got this:

windows 7 screen shot

Last night I went to Academy and found this red/green dot scope:

screen shot on pc

Today I went to sight it in. Took me a while but I got it. :D

I had to raise the front sight so I won't have scrunch down on the stock.

It was fun and I luv it.

marine6680

I had one in 9mm.

It was accurate and reliable.

It was also a bit heavy and a pain to take down to clean... And it did get dirty.

It's a good value for what you get. Not perfect, but it works and is inexpensive to get into to boot. Definitely a lot of fun for the money.

Overall I liked mine, but It wasn't something I had a huge attachment for, I ended up trading it for reloading equipment. I won't knock them though, good rifle overall.

Oysterboy

I found out that the red dot was to be used without sights (cowitness) but I burned a whole box to zero it and still all over the target. Turned out it was my vision. I wear glasses and my focal points are not equal. I put the front sight back and re zero it and I hit every time.

Even when I shoot my pistols I have to shoot one eyed so it's the same with my carbine. At least it's better than looking through the rear sight.

aarondhgraham

I own and like mine, but I still think they are ugly,,,

I own and like mine a lot,,,
But I still think they are ugly.

Kind of how I felt about my last girlfriend. :rolleyes:

But seriously it's a functional little carbine,,,
And since I bought it strictly for use as a range toy,,,
It's very low price point was the deciding factor in my purchase.

I wish the stock was a little bit less Tacti-Cool,,,
The forestock would suit me better without all of those dangnable rails.

I have a friend who takes large appliances out in his field,,,
Then he invites all of his friends with carbines to come and demolish them,,,
It's a hugely fun waste of ammunition but it's also a great stress relief weekend.

Last time we went out to "demolish" something,,,
He had found an old dead motorcycle with a frozen motor,,,
The 6 of us spent several hours calling our shots picking pieces off of the bike.

My lowly Hi-Point performed just as well as a Berretta CX-4, a Kel-Tec 9mm carbine, and an AR style in 9mm.

But it's definitely not the prettiest girl at the dance.

Aarond

qqq1

I have the old model 9mm and the new 45 but the one I actually want is the 40. The 9mm runs perfect and is very accurate. I've actually only had the 45 out once and I didn't like it as much. I don't know if it's the bigger round or the newer stock but I thought the old 9mm was better.

bitttorrrent

Nice. I like my 9mm hi-point and is reliable and accurate.

my only beef is there is not much after market and was wanting to replace grips. but I tj
hink they are pretty tough looking!

bitttorrrent

my only beef is there is not much after market and was wanting to replace grips. But I
think they are pretty tough looking!

bitttorrrent

my only beef is there is not much after market and was wanting to replace grips. But I
think they are pretty tough looking!

Yung.gunr

I went with a Brother last May to poach a gun buy back. Picked up one in 9mm for $100. Figured not a bad deal. Ended up giving it to my Dad. He really likes it. I shot it myself, they do shoot pretty nice. Pretty much no recoil from what I recall.
Are the mags interchangable with their handguns?

skizzums

the rate thse things burn ammo is why I started reloading in the first place, the wife and I love our hi-point carbine, but I hate hipoint pistols. my complaint about the carbine is that no-one makes "reliable" extended mags and its a pain to tear down. but for reliability, its hard to beat, our 9mm has at least 4k down its throat with no problems so far. it mainly eats lead hand-loads. have fun and know that hi-point stands behind it's products and your gun will last as long as hi-point/mks lasts. you made a great purchase, might I recommend a cheap 4x scope to make it a lot more fun. here's a pic of my wife carbine(mothers day present)

I bought this for 270$ not expecting much, just wanted a light recoil gun for my girlfriend and something I could paint up for her w/o worrying about ruining an expensive gun. didn't know it would end u being accurate, reliable and lots of fn

got ammo?

Yes, I know those Hi point carbines can grow on you. I picked one up in 9mm at a gunshow in 2010. It cost something like $270, NIB, with a sling and scope. I never put on the scope, as the sights on that gun are decent enough and was pretty much dead on out of the box. I did put as laser on mine that I bought originally to put on a pistol, but I liked it better on the Hi Point.

I might even be a bit more of a fan boy than you, when I ordered a spare mag from MKS, I also bought a Hi Point T shirt, And wore it to my job at YHM. I got the perfect mixture of hi fives and dirty looks!

HawkeyeNRAlifer

I bought the first gen 9mm about six-seven years ago for around $189 and another $50 or so for the ATI stock. I not only looks similar to my CX-4 (with one eye closed), it's runs just as reliably. Both are used for plinking and bunny hunting, but could serve as a home defense weopon. They are fugly, but they are reliable and backed by some great customer service.