I love this little blaster!

SR420

I finally got some trigger time with my suppressed CMR, and once I got the scope sort of zeroed in I was making head shots on a 6" steel silhouette off hand at 120 yards using 45 gr. Hornady Critical Defense. Zero issues, and my mag release shield modification worked flawlessly. I love this little blaster!

Click on thumbnail image.

ballardw

I would guess that the zip-ties are holding small sections of some sort of grip material temporarily to see if they it is worth making permanent.
I also guess that SR420 is right-handed as the zips would be pretty uncomfortable held left-handed.

SR420

Yes, it is 22 magnum.

Yes I am right handed, and the zip-ties keep everything in place.

I used a spare back strap from a Glock pistol that I trimmed and mounted upside-down to create my mag release cover... if you have ever fired one of these rifles, you know the flesh of your palm can easily release the mag unexpectedly. My simple modification solved that problem.

Because of how the gun is assembled, what you see is about as permanent as the mod will get... I don't want to make it un-serviceable.

The scope works great, and I can't wait to try it with an EOTech next time out.

ballardw

I used a spare back strap from a Glock pistol that I trimmed and mounted upside-down to create my mag release cover... if you have ever fired one of these rifles, you know the flesh of your palm can easily release the mag unexpectedly. My simple modification solved that problem.

I never did understand what made Kel-Tec move the magazine latch from the behind the trigger guard of the Grendel original design to the heel mounted one. I hadn't realized they were that easy to release. Most of the heel-mount releases I have used require a pretty noticeable effort to release and usually both hands. Of course that extra effort may also just be the military "feature" designed for them.