I love the Lee Auto Disk

TruthTellers

When I got my first powder measure to charge on the press I went with the then new Lee Auto Drum. It was cool to finally be able to throw a charge while I belled the mouth, but it wasn't the most consistent, probably between +/-.15 grains. Fine for anything that I planned to shoot in the Redhawk or any .38 loads I would shoot in .357, but for anything like 10mm near max? Nope.

So, I bought the Auto Disk because I wanted something that would work with Accurate #9 for .327 and while it leaks, it throws a consistent charge every time and it does it with any powder I use. Now, I can't get exactly to the tenth of a grain for the charge I want, but because it's so consistent I find myself using it more and more frequently.

Anyone else here love the Lee Auto Disk?

Metal god

I hate my auto disc and because of that I went with the auto drum . I have maybe 30+ load combos I'd use the auto disc for . There is a total of two that the disc’s are actually accurate for . Of those 30+ load , My auto drum can load every single one . I even bought a secound auto drum for rifle so I don’t need to change out the inserts . That is the auto drums achilles’ heel . I’ve found there is a very small window between to loose and to tight and messing with the set screw can derail a load session . I’ve also went with graphite spray lube to get the insert a bit tighter while still being able to fully rotate . This reduces leakage and seems to help with consistency .

Metal god

Haha , I forgot about the charge bar lee makes . I have one :eek: and it works just fine , not good with fine adjustments but gets you close to most pistol size charges .

cavediver27

I really like my Lee Auto Disk. I also got the double disk and it’s great for .223 and 30-30 size loads. I find my Auto Disk to be very consistent and accurate.

Geezerbiker

I've never tried that one but I have the Lee Perfect powder measure and it's great with extruded powders that give my Lyman fits.

Tony

Twinsig

" and while it leaks, it throws a consistent charge every time and it does it with any powder I use."

A you-tuber used a piece of sandpaper on a flat surface to remove a tiny amount of material from the AD body. Reducing the gap and reducing the leak.
It worked for me.

jetinteriorguy

Auto disc, meh, Auto disc pro is great. I also have a couple auto drums and for certain powders they work great. I customize the cavities with a tapered reamer to match my worked up loads. This is for pistol, I also have the double disc conversion on one and it works great as well by also customizing the cavities for exact loads with the reamer.

I've got like 7 of them....all set up for dedicated calibers. What does that tell you?

The microadjust disk works good. So does taking a spare auto-disk, selecting a cavity, drilling a screw into it, and then moving the screw in or out of the cavity to vary the load.

That's the spirit! May I suggest you invest in a tapered reamer with a T-handle? That will even let you get between drill sizes.

The next level of perfection after that comes with a much heftier price tag. You need a lathe. This will let you turn perfect discs at exactly the right height and dead flat on both ends for zero leakage. A boring bar for the lathe will let you split thousandths on the hole diameter.

Road_Clam

HATED my Autodisk. It worked reasonably well as long as you were dropping ball type powders. As soon as you needed to throw something of a flake type powder such as Unique the weight consistency was unacceptably poor. You will love your Auto Disk until you try the RCBS Uniflow.