I love My Hornady LNL what say you?

THEWELSHM

Also like My RCBS JR3 I have a Lee Classic Turret bolted on the bench I got brand new cheap but havnt tried yet;) Going to head to the range so I can come back and reload a bunch..... God Bless

thewelshm

Travis_V

i like my hornady LNL progressive press, but every time it indexes each case that has powder spills some out. is there a way to stop this?

FlyFish

I have one of the older LNL APs that came with the wire "eject" mechanism. I say "eject" in quotes because it hardly every actually ejected anything - but it was good at jamming things up. I ended up just taking it off and ejecting finished rounds by hand, which was a real PITA. Then they came out with the now-standard EZ-ject thing and I had the conversion done, along with several shell plates, which I wasn't real happy about having to pay for. But, the new system works fine and we've lived happily ever after. Great press (now).

Real Gun

How many different cartridges do you reload? Small primer, large primer? How many changeovers is my real question. You will find that turret really handy for quick changes to do just a box or two. I use my LnL AP for larger batches, because I am not very fast at changeovers involving both case feeder and bullet feeder (Bully adapter with Mr Bullet Feeder die.).

drain smith

They are O.K.
jiWX8FZl.jpg

Carriertxv I was thinking the same thing. Smart asses think alike. Here dumb ass, here dumb ass.

Nathan

I have one of the older LNL APs that came with the wire "eject" mechanism. I say "eject" in quotes because it hardly every actually ejected anything - but it was good at jamming things up. I ended up just taking it off and ejecting finished rounds by hand, which was a real PITA. Then they came out with the now-standard EZ-ject thing and I had the conversion done, along with several shell plates, which I wasn't real happy about having to pay for. But, the new system works fine and we've lived happily ever after. Great press (now).

I have heard that...funny thing is, I have the wire and it runs trouble free after some tweaking.

rebs

I have one with the newer eject and the entire press runs trouble free. I load 38's, 357 mag, 45 acp, 223, 300 savage and 6.5 creedmoor.

AVirginian

Mine works great. 38, 357 mag, 9mm, 40 S&W, 45ACP, 45 Colt, 223 and 308.

Hornady's customer service is great too, if you ever need them.

Bryant

jmorris

I didn't have many of the most common problems with the two I had but did have a powder measure self detach once, a new thicker oring fixed that.

My worst gripe would be on the half index design. With the dies and load I was trying to load on one if I just placed a bullet on top of the case and raised the handle the bullet was already too high by the time it finished the second half of the index, so it hit the bottom of the die and was knocked off.

I wound up having to stick the bullet up into the die and raise the ram enough to finish the index, then set the bullet into the case, then complete the stroke.

Real Gun

If using the PTE with lead bullet diameters and bullet feeder, there is no M-die type step in the expansion. An M-die in place of a powder check may be necessary. I still use the PTEs either way, because it reduces stray powder, virtually injecting the charge into the case.

Last edited:

AFK

I too have one that was converted to the ez-ject system. The original wire eject was worthless. I also added the case feeder. After some tweeking here and there, the press runs very good and I can turn out some rounds pretty quick. I load .380, 9mm, .38 special, and .45 ACP.

GWS

There are thems who like Coke better?........I didn't know.......

Careful my friend....."thems" are powerful.....some even moderators.... then there are Dr. Pepper lovers.....like me.:D