I love my GP-100

zoomie

I've finally got my GP-100 sighted in, got the leading more or less cleaned out with Hoppe's Bore Gel, and had a fun range day. What a great gun! I know others can and do shoot much better, but I was proud of myself and my gun today. I thought a picture was in order. :D ;) :D This target was at 7 yds with the range 357mag 125gr JHP reloads. It was a mix of single action, double action, and a slow double tap.

Attachments

• GP100small.jpg
    GP100small.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 212

Arnie4176

nice groups, I can't wait to get my 4" GP. I ordered it last night, but they don't know how long to get one in.

O/U Mike

Fellow GP100 Lover

Congrats on a good choice! As you can see from my sig, I have one too. But in the interest of my semi-auto buddies on this forum, a "double tap" can only be accomplished with a semi-auto or fully automatic weapon. It means a DA from the start with quick follow-up shot as the pistol is ready to fire from a fully-cocked condition after the first shot if you have more than one in the magazine.

Hey, I am a relatively newbie too. Just have some fun and continue the accurate shooting.

zoomie

"double tap"

Ah ok. Didn't know the actual definition. Well then it was two completely seperate DA shots in quick succession. ;)

Ichiro

Yeah, double tap means quick.

If you're loading 125-grainers, I think one shot counts as a double-tap, though :)

~Ichiro

Rainbow Six

I've never heard that you can't double tap with a revolver. Where did this "definition" come from? A double tap is simply two shots fired back to back in fairly quick succession. There's no time limit to it, or requirement that the second shot is single action from a cocked condition. :confused: Or maybe this rule/definition was just recently created? Maybe you're basing it off of the rules of some sort of shooting competition? I'm not trying to be a smart butt here, I've just never heard anything about the second shot of a double tap having to be made single action. I've been shooting for 20 years or so and two rounds fired back to back as fast as you can shoot them and maintain control of shot placement has always been a double tap to me.

O/U Mike

Ooops!

I stand corrected...

Double tap
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Double tap or DT is the tactical shooting technique of pulling the trigger of a weapon (preferably a pistol) twice in quick succession to deliver two shots to the same target zone. The technique ensures both hit and damage effects while keeping recoil to a minimum and thus maintaining accuracy. The gunshots are made in clusters, about one inch apart, resulting in a large and very painful wound that leads to the quick death of an enemy. It is used mainly in close-quarter (urban) scenarios in both police and military situations, by SWAT teams, Special Police, Special Forces, and conventional military forces.

Creation of Double Taps

The double tap technique was created by Colonel Charles Beckwith, the founder and original commander of the U.S. Army's Delta Force (SFOD-D). This tactic is still used by Delta Force, and has also been adopted by many other special forces and counter-terrorist military units, and police tactical teams.