I just picked up 2nd AK-47 in less than a week

Kurt+P+

I went to the local gun club today and guess what I saw hanging on the wall. A Romanian WASR-10 AK-47. The dealer said it just came in yesterday and it had taken him about 3 weeks to acquire it. I simply couldn't resist. I bought the damn thing. (laugh) Now I have two AK-47s to my name. I seem to have fallen in love with these guns. He sold it to me for approximately $500.00 which included two extra 30 round mags and a 100 cartridges of 762x39. During the transaction someone called on the phone wondering if he still had the AK-47 available to sell and he just smiled and said, "No it's gone now." I just finished tearing it down and cleaning/lubing it up. Here's a picture of it.

Last edited:

kymasabe

$500....amazing to think a month ago you could find them online for $329 and locally for around $400.
And the price just keeps going up and up.

OlympicArmsFan

The prices are going crazy right now. I bought my WASR-10 Hi Cap about 2 years ago for right at 300 and then with ammo I was out the door around 400 bucks.

My cousin talked to a local shop and he is now on a waiting list for another AR-15 or his first AK-47. I told him to get the AK its differnt and still cheap enough to get one. The ARs are now in my area over 1000 for anything. The AKs are now 400-450. The mags for the AK last I checked over 20 bucks.

I wanted to ask to I see the muzle break on a lot of them are differnt why is that. I have the half break (not sure of the right term) and I see most dont have that now.

jpwilly

Man am I glad I started a few years ago. I couldn't imagine spending $500 on a WASR! You could get them for $275ea a year ago.

FyredUp

A couple of weeks ago I bought my WASR-10 with 2 - 30 round mags, a sling, and cleaning kit for $369 on sale. I then bought 100 rounds of Wolf ammo for it for $25.

I love this rifle it is low recoil, accurate enough for me, fun to shoot and down right COOL. I plan to buy some more mags for it and maybe smooth out the stock some.

Does anybody know if I can put a red dot or something similar on this rifle?

FyredUp

sig2009: Doesn't do anything for me unless it is full auto.

That's great. Realize though that some of us simply can't own a fully automatic weapon. If I had the resources to, I would. But spending the additional money for the weapon to begin with and the FFL3 and taxes make it out of reach for the present time.

Kurt+P+

^^^^Oh well, bad timing I guess. I'm just afraid that before long we won't be able to buy them at all. I guess time will tell on that one. I think I'm set on rifles for the time being. At least I got my AR-15 for approx $800.00 and that was back in March. I see that my model is selling for well over a thousand now.

FyredUp

Kurt+P+

I reread my post and I want to apologize to you. I think I sounded like a jerk on the price. Right place right time is everything and I was lucky to catch a sale at Sports Authority.

I wish i would have bought the AR-15 I wanted a few months back it was a round $800 then, $1100 now!!:eek:

Wyo Big Bore

I'm looking for the right ones to add to my ak collection. I bought 6,000 rounds today. The guys behind me commented that it looked like we were going to have some fun. "Nope, just adding to the supplies."

RedneckFur

Sweet AK you have there. If its anything like mine, you'll fall in love with it. Congrats on the purchase!

Do you plan to refinish the wood? Most WASR's I've seen are a little rough on the stock and handguards.

Kurt+P+

The first AK I purcahsed has finely finished red wood stock, handle and handguard. To be honest, I kind of like the rough look on this one. LoL. I might add a slanted flash hider though. I'm impressed with the build on this Romanian model. It's a very tight gun. No wiggle at all in the magazine well. Can't wait to get out and shoot it.

Last edited: